Business Analyst, IT Advisory, EY, Belfast
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 19
Business Analyst, IT Advisory, EY, Belfast
At EY, we are expanding our Advisory practice and specifically building our Performance Improvement (PI) team. Due to this expansion we are seeking to recruit high achieving individuals to be part of our growing business.
Currently we are recruiting business consultants primarily from Senior Consultant through to Senior Manager levels for the IT Advisory team.
We are seeking individuals with significant client-side advisory experience or individuals who have gained project and technology delivery experience within large recognised organisations.
Your key responsibilities
- Have solid business consulting skills and be able to work consultatively on a strategic or operational level
- Have a proven track record of outstanding performance and display a high level of people and business skills
- Be at ease with a consultative approach and looking to reach your full potential
- Help to build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers
- Participate in presentations and proposals for medium complex projects or elements of highly complex projects
- Draw on your skills and experience to date, to work as part of a fast growing practice to delivery complex IT related assignments
- Create high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource on one or more services, leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services to client problems
- Communicate effectively with EY engagement partners and managers and support a high-performing team agenda.
- Be hungry for personal success, learning and promotion
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring more junior members of staff
- Be responsible for your own self-development, and maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Skills and attributes for success
- You will have knowledge and experience in a number of the following areas:
- At least 3 years within a blue chip consulting firm, industry or government organisation (strong track record in consulting is highly desirable)
- Have a strong academic record including a third level degree, preferably in a business or IT related area
- Experience in one or more of our focus sectors within the PI practice (Health, Utilities, Transport, Government or Financial Services)
- Proven experience in business development such as client relationship management and proposal support
To qualify for the role you must have
Demonstrating experience in one or more of the following areas is essential:
- Analysing, defining and documenting requirements for the enhancement, replacement, or introduction of IT systems
- Analysing systems and procedures
- Agile implementation, including the creation of User Story Cards, and working closely with a Product Owner
- Conducting Workshops and interviews
- Stakeholder Management and working closely with Development & Testing Teams to understand requirements
- Documenting 'As is' and 'To be' assessments for a Target Operating Model
- Writing and defining process maps
- ERP/CRM implementation (Oracle, MS Dynamics)
- Delivery of large scale business/technology programmes
- Technology sourcing
Experience of working in a similar environment or professional services.
What we look for
If you have a keen interest in Business Analysis within ITA Advisory in Ireland as well as intellectual curiosity and energy, then the EY Performance Improvement Advisory team could be exactly the right place for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.