Description Job Purpose:
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Legal
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19025548
A career within Citi's Markets Legal team, will provide you with the opportunity to help design and rollout an automated document generation tool and enhance our contract lifecycle technology by applying advanced and strategic approaches to information management. We manage vast amounts of electronic data and you will navigate the legal and business processes by managing and reconciling activity reports and timelines in addition to regulatory requests to solve commercial challenges.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to design and implement better and more efficient ways of working through solving problems and redesigning productivity reporting tools to analyse and identify facts and trends to improve overall team performance. Job Background/context:
An opportunity has arisen in the Belfast Markets Legal Department for a prominent, 'hands on' role in the rollout of new document generation and data extraction technology. This new Citi technology will be fully integrated over time with existing legal technology to create straight through processing during onboarding, thus enhancing the client experience.
This role requires someone with a combination of business analysis, quality control and process re-engineering experience, along with an understanding of Citi Institutional Clients Group (ICG) Legal products, documents, data, systems and processes. Key Responsibilities:
• Prepare and communicate productivity reports to management on a regular, succinct and effective basis and work to resolve issues and ensure stakeholder satisfaction
• Conduct root cause analysis of delays in the execution of contracts and present facts and trends in a clear and concise manner to senior management and other key stakeholders
• Participate in identification of data or process insufficiencies and contribute to technology and process improvement through providing analysis of common obstacles to execution that impact the EMEA Legal team
• Gather the business requirements for the implementation and enhancements required for each technology tool (MAMS, MAC, Exari, DocuSign etc.) in conjunction with subject matter experts and coordinate the approvals and sign off from EMEA Legal teams.
• Author know how and user manuals for each technology tool and update each user manual post each release.
• Influence Legal users to adhere to the ISG project plan and report roadblocks in user uptake to senior management
• Conduct UAT testing prior to MAMS, MAC and Exari releases and prepare feedback prior to sign off
• Perform data mining of existing contracts as and when required and present results to the legal documentation teams
• Keep abreast of legal and regulatory developments which impact documentation and assist with coordination of the project plans for implementation.
• Partner with colleagues in the other regions in order to ensure global consistency and fostering partnerships through open and honest feedback. Development Value:
This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a large global organisation affording exposure to a wide range of areas and to individuals at all levels. With a strong international focus there is further opportunity to gain exposure to the variety of functions and processes, offering the opportunity for the successful candidate to be proactively involved in the genesis of their own workstreams and to develop and strengthen business management skills. Qualifications Knowledge/Experience:
• Excellent technical skills and analytical ability.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Strong MS Office skills including Powerpoint
• Financial Services work experience preferred.
• Experience working with legal data systems management in either a law firm or corporate legal department is advantageous.
• Strong team and relationship building skills
• Ability to drive projects independently
• High level of personal commitment and accountability with a focus on quality and customer service Skills:
• Well developed organisational skills
• High level of mathematical ability
• Ability to analyse, model and interpret data
• Problem solving skills
• Speed, accuracy and attention to detail
• methodical and logical approach
• ability to plan work and meet deadlines
• learn quickly and apply new knowledge to solving problems immediately
• Interpersonal skills
• Team working skills
• Written and verbal communication skills Qualifications:
The successful candidate must have a high quality academic record including a degree qualification (minimum 2:1 classification) in a Business Management or Technology related discipline e.g. Computer Science, Business Studies, Software Engineering, Maths, Physics, Computer Forensics or Artificial Intelligence, or, demonstrate relevant work experience. Competencies
• Good command of English grammar.
• Exceptional communication skills
• Proactive and show initiative
• Customer service orientation
• Effective planning and organisation
• Attention to detail and accuracy
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer