Audit Senior, Assurance, EY, Belfast
In Assurance our aim is to provide accounting solutions and peace of mind to our clients. Through our skills and experience we give companies, investors and regulators confidence in financial statements, business critical information or processes. Assurance is our largest service line you will work in highest performing teams serving our clients both in the office and off-site at client premises.
Our Belfast Assurance practice has a prestigious client base that includes the largest share of locally headquartered companies in the Northern Ireland Top 100, listed companies, private equity investors and investees, owner managed businesses and the operations of some of the world's largest companies. Being part of one of the teams providing services to such a prestigious client base in a growth orientated environment will enable you to gain experiences and acquire skills to build your career and create your future.
Our audit teams work with many of the world's leading and fastest growing companies. We provide a quality and consistent audit offering to our clients by assembling multi-disciplinary teams to address the most complex issues, using a proven global methodology and deploying the latest, high quality auditing tools and perspectives. To help our clients achieve their potential we provide a tailored service, consistent methodology, broad sector knowledge and the latest insights from our worldwide network. This is a great opportunity to join the fast-growing and proactive Belfast Assurance practice. You will be part of a team where you will receive exposure to some of EY's most diverse and exciting clients. Your work will be recognised and rewarded and a solid career will lie ahead of you. What can we offer you?
Your key responsibilities
- Be part of the #1 professional services employer and #2 overall in the 'World's Most Attractive Employer Awards'
- Active social community including EYGLES, Women's network, Charity Committee and many more
- Opportunity to be involved in our Entrepreneur of the Year Award - The program was created by EY to recognize the accomplishments of entrepreneurs around the globe and we are always keen to get support from our employees
- Two days allocated to participate in charity work in addition to your annual leave with matched funding
- EY&U Career development framework which includes the following:
- We currently offer more than 16,000 courses on our learning management system. Last year, our people undertook more than eight million hours of learning and completed over one million courses. So you can be confident you'll have time and space to pursue your learning goals.
- 'Buddy Scheme'- to welcome you to EY and introduce
- Counselor Scheme - every employee is assigned a counselor who will help drive your career in the direction you want, provide you with the support and guidance to achieve and stretch your goals and improve your development
- Ongoing performance reviews
- Education Support - provides attractive support and actively encourages further educational development to accelerate career progression.
Your Client Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage fieldwork on clients' sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities.
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments.
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters.
- Demonstrate expertise in performing an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards.
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients' business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client.
Your People Responsibilities:
Skills and attributes for success
- Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology.
To qualify for the role you must have:
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Proven track record of outstanding performance and display a high level of people and business skills.
- Shown an on-going commitment to your personal and professional development through continuing education and development.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major, as well as an accounting designation i.e. ACCA, CA, CGA, CPA etc.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant audit experience .
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships.
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience of working in a similar environment. What we look for:
EY looks to attract innovative people, team players and those with excellent client focus. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.