- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Mar 19
See job description for details
We're looking for a Application Analyst to join us in Belfast or Dublin
- You'll be responsible for communicating application architectures - current, resultant and target states - and roadmaps for business function or enterprise within Ulster Bank Ireland
- You'll partner with a range of stakeholders to ensure the application architecture and roadmaps are maintained, communicated and used
- Technology is a critical function in delivering the bank's core capability and you'll be responsible for supporting the business in understanding the technology that the bank consumes, and the associated risk profile
- You'll work in a specialised team focusing on the bank's enterprise architecture, including business, technical and infrastructure architecture, to enhance the business strategy
- Benefit from significant stakeholder engagement and exposure to all areas of the bank
What you'll do
You'll hold a unique role within Ulster Bank Ireland where you'll understand the technical complexities of the bank's application architecture, and also work closely with the business to support the bank's priorities.
Your role will involve:
- Maintaining repository of Ulster Bank specific architecture models and roadmaps of application software components to meet business and technical requirements
- Managing our asset inventory, application architecture models, roadmaps, standards and outcomes
- Translating application roadmaps into packages of work to be included in project plans, in line with change methodology
- Assuring the implementation of the application architecture outcomes to ensure that the design and delivered components are in line with the defined application architecture
- Collaborating with stakeholders across multiple franchises and functions to help them understand and support
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an individual with experience of the industry architecture framework, TOGAF.
We'll also look to you to bring:
- Experience of defining application architectures and roadmaps for technology in financial services
- Strong knowledge and skills relating to technology vendors and products within the market
- Excellent experience of systems development best practices and approaches including, service-oriented architecture, model driven development, and APIs
- Experience of developing, syndicating and communicating architectures, designs and proposals for actions
Ideally you'll also be familiar with the P3M change framework.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Ulster Bank, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .