Director of Finance
Director of Finance Role: Finance Director Based: Basingstoke/London The Role
Reporting to the CFO, this role leads the Group's Central Finance Functions and activities (including Financial Shared Services, Financial Planning and Analysis and IT Supply and Project Demand).
This role, with the associated leadership team will work to ensure that the financial activities are conducted to the highest standards, forecasts are accurate and achievable, and ensure production of reports which provide accurate, pertinent and timely insight and guidance to the Board on the Company's performance. Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Interim CFO ensure successful and effective financial budgeting, forecasting and planning processes are in place.
- Responsible for the successful continuous monitoring of business performance, including revenue and EBIT growth, cash flow, working capital and key performance indicators.
- Effectively manage the financial performance whilst achieving non-financial goals in respect of customer satisfaction and policy growth.
- In conjunction with the Interim CFO lead the financial appraisal process for new projects, extensions to the business model, acquisitions and disposals.
- Responsible for the financial control environment within the parameters of the role. Working with the Group Financial Controller to ensure that a strong and consistent financial control environment is maintained across the business.
- The recruitment, development, training, of suitably qualified staff.
- Building a strong team through effective leadership and appraisal.
Education and Qualifications:
- Previous executive FD / "director of" experience
- Must be commercially astute and able to demonstrate previous leadership success as an FD in a service / consumer related organisation.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to lead, develop and maintain strong finance teams.
- Clear brand focus is essential; both from the point of view of using the brand effectively and maintaining its integrity.
- Ensure compliance with the regulations of being an Approved Person for the controlled functions.
- Must have at least one financial qualification; either ACA, CIMA, or ACCA.
- Degree level standard of education in a commercial discipline.
- Must be able to demonstrate maintenance of the CPD (continuous professional development).
- Highly numerate and analytical with the ability to evaluate and make recommendations from data accurately which add real value to the decision-making process.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences representing different levels of knowledge and awareness, but still able instil understanding and greater awareness.
- An intuitive and charismatic leader who constantly challenges their team to raise the bar on performance and who can take difficult people decisions when necessary.
- Focused on the numbers but with a strategic and innovative approach to the development of the business.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.