SS&C have an exciting opportunity in the position of MLRO who will help shape and lead AML and Fraud Prevention initiatives in a Global company, our UK company supports over 50% of the UK Collective Investment Scheme market. The role is a senior management function with ultimate responsibility for AML in our UK regulated entity but includes opportunities to liaise with and align best practice with our wider Group entities. The successful candidate will have close relationships with clients and lead appropriate client forums.
- Lead the business on AML, FCP and cross border co-ordination.
- Influence the group strategy and implementation on AML/FCP policies.
- To support the Chief Risk Officer and Head of Compliance to the highest standards in all matters FCP related. Ensuring all documentation and corporate filings are accurate.
- To produce the annual MLRO report.
- Work with SS&C and IFDS Luxembourg, Ireland and others to ensure consistent approach to Anti Money Laundering.
- To receive and escalate Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), advising staff and Management Companies and escalating issues to the Head of Compliance as appropriate in accordance with procedures.
- To receive and reply to internal and external queries relating to SAR and Compliance cases. In addition, supporting the FCP Operations team on more complex cases.
- Ensure accurate and effective maintenance of the formal record keeping within SS&C’s control framework for Financial Crime Prevention.
- Provide key data and updates for the internal monthly MLRO meeting.
- Co-ordinate the production of regular Senior Management and Board reports and User Group regulatory updates.
- Chair the quarterly FCP Forum for Management Companies.
- Analysis of FCA, JMLSG and industry papers, co-ordinating feedback from Management Companies where appropriate and respond.
- Assist the Data Protection Officer as required.
- Oversight of HMT/OFAC sanctions screening using Tonbeller.
- Review and update FCP sections of the:
- Corporate Governance Manual, Compliance Manual and Data Room resources,
- Management Company Service Management Documents (SMDs); and
- Operation procedures and Learning and Development training material to ensure they are updated to reflect regulatory/legal changes.
Develop and Improve Communications
- Directing and influencing the Management Companies to assist the pragmatic and cost effective implementation of actual and proposed changes relating to Financial Crime Prevention regulations.
- To facilitate discussion and awareness of current and future regulatory issues with Senior Management and Board members. To share and ensure appropriate dissemination of regulatory knowledge.
- Provide support on legal, technical and regulatory matters and detailed FCP advice to the Compliance team and SS&C business areas.
- Attend and participate in ad hoc Management Company meetings where the topic is FCP related.
- Attend Management Company visit meetings in relation to FCP.
- Attendance at IA, TISA regulatory, technical and external compliance meetings and forums. Produce summary papers if applicable.
- Carry out such tasks from time to time as assigned by the Head of Compliance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 10 years’ experience at senior level working in a regulated financial services environment.
- Experience working in a professional service led environment with regulatory controls.
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of delivering on strategy and key initiatives.
- Strong sense of what’s right and wrong and willingness to challenge and escalate as required.
- Extensive experience in senior assurance and advice roles - AML, Risk and Compliance.
- Maintain understanding and awareness of industry requirements, initiatives and developments.
- Able to champion and actively support cultural change.
- Professional from a global regulated financial services environment – either working in an internal function or a client facing “advisory” capacity.