EBI is unique in that we are a Discretionary Fund Manager that runs evidence based or “passive” investment portfolios on behalf of Independent Financial Advisers. Based in Walsall, we have been working with financial advisers from around the country since 2010, having grown to now manage over £1.5 billion in assets.
As EBI’s IT Support, you will be responsible for maintaining the IT infrastructure of EBI. This includes the servers and workstations at our office, our remote employees, and third-party services that we utilise. You’ll be the first port of call for staff technical support queries, champion cyber security within the organisation and manage the company’s hardware and software needs. With a keen eye you will identify areas in which the company can optimise its workflow and assist in implementing these systems. As part of the company’s software development cycle you will be tasked with software testing duties with quality assurance in mind.
The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, an understanding of company requirements, be able to relay technical solutions to non-technical team members, be familiar with the full Microsoft suite at an administrator level and have a strong interest in computing.
- Staff onboarding tasks, including account setup & configuration
- Hardware onboarding and communications system management
- Technical support calls and resolutions in response to staff queries
- IT policy maintenance and documentation
- Cyber security management – auditing current processes and policies
- Testing of in-house software in liaison with wider IT and product teams
- Managing, maintaining and renewing third party services used by the organisation (including CRM systems)
- Manage domain renewals and regular utility testing
- Manage backups: monitoring and restoring files
- Excellent knowledge of basic computer hardware and software systems
- A strong problem solving mentality
- This role would suit an experienced System Administrator or a Helpdesk Engineer who provides excellent service to internal users with good exposure to networking
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of computer networks, including routers, switches and firewalls
- Software development experience or software testing experience is desirable