Director, Editorial and Publishing
The Director for Editorial and Publishing will manage the EMEA-based team while supporting the global team. Collaborating with other E&P directors, the primary responsibilities include:
- Managing content editors, designers, desktop publishers, and production colleagues
- Supporting all E&P initiatives including the Phoenix platform, standardizing workflows, design look and feel, style guides, Punctuate!, writing classes, and others
- Developing OKRs for self and direct reports' growth
- Planning, staffing, budgeting, and implementing changes for a functional area directly or through managers, based on the direction of senior leadership
- Acting in a key role in short- term tactical decision making and longer-term strategic decision making for functional area/business unit, ensuring effective achievement of objectives
- Participating in corporate development of methods, technologies, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects and programs, and leading the implementation and management of any new or revised processes, technological innovations, and initiatives
- Aligning operational or regional plans with functional strategy and approach
- Advising and coaching subordinate leaders of staff
- Strong leadership presentation, mentoring, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Highly creative in nature
- Strong organizational agility with the ability to engage across all levels of IHS Markit
- Strong knowledge of E+P and business strategy, concepts, tools, and techniques
- Demonstrates deep and broad technical expertise and knowledge within editorial and publishing, having the ability to connect this knowledge to business issues, strategies, and results
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/and/or significant levels of direct reports through others and directly; excellent people management skills
- Applies significant industry expertise to support business line leaders/partners in their achievement of financial and operational performance with the production of on-time, high-quality deliverables
- Requires comprehensive understanding of internal standards, as well as of the changing business environment, new technologies, and requirements
- Flexibility and dependability are a must
- Typically, 12+ Years working in editorial, design, or production area
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.