Configuration Release Analyst
- Chai Badan, Changwat Lop Buri, Thailand
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 22 Apr 19
Configuration Management is a critical process responsible for controlling and tracking all versions of software and documentation assets. Configuration Management ensures the security and integrity of software assets by implementing standard, repeatable tools and processes across platforms.
Job ID: 63681
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
You will be joining the team focusing on FIS Profile which is a real-time, multi-currency deposit and loan core banking system. Profile provides a multitude of configurable features designed to meet the unique business and product needs of individual retail and commercial financial organizations. Profile supports an international installed base of hundreds of institutions, spanning more than 25 countries and ranging from de novo start-ups to top-tier global banks.
What you will be doing:
In this role, you will be reporting to the Project Manager Senior - Technology. You will implement and support best practices and tools in version control, software development lifecycle management, build management, application distribution and deployment management and other software configuration management practices.
- You will coordinate, facilitate, manage and control scheduled and approved change windows for product release and infrastructure maintenance windows.
- You will work with development and release management teams to ensure business requirements are defined and solutions accurately designed to meet stated business needs.
- You will administer and maintain source code repositories stored within software configuration management tools, e.g., CA Software Change Manager (aka Harvest), CA Endevor, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server).
- You will assist with setting up projects in the version control tool, creating and troubleshooting distributed builds/compiles, as well as training and providing consultation to development teams on how to use supporting tools.
- You will support internal customers by responding to help desk calls, performing night on call activities as requested and completing service requests related to version control, software development lifecycle management and build management, distribution and deploy management.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- 6-10 years' experience in Configuration Release Management of banking solutions or financial technology.
- Considerable knowledge of change and release management principles, procedures and techniques.
- Experience with object oriented, structured programming and scripting languages.
- Knowledge of release and configuration management tools, e.g., CA Software Change Manager (fka Harvest), CA Endevor, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Demonstrated understanding of source code management concepts and/or software development lifecycles.
- Familiarity of standards and best practices relevant to the information technology industry, e.g., ITIL, COBIT, CMM).
What we offer you:
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance.
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities.
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team.
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology.