- Bangkok, Krung Thep Mahanakhon, Thailand
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Bangkok, Krung Thep Mahanakhon, Thailand
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Tax ManagerAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Prepare and review tax calculations, estimates and reports accruals.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with related teams.
- Review current and deferred tax provision.
- Manage tax compliance, reporting and filing works for the Group.
- Prepare all tax papers on regular basis and handle all data requests.
- Manage and track tax balances on general ledger
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Manage and facilitate the Revenue Department income tax audits: Preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects.
- Provide tax advice to business units and support functions on all taxation matters including areas such as research and development tax breaks etc.
- Keep abreast of all tax changes and update to relevant units.
- Delivering a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe.
- Coordinate tax projects/ ad-hoc tasks driven and assigned by Head of Taxation.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Requires 5-7 years minimum prior relevant experience
- Bachelor or Master's Degree Accounting , Taxation, Finance or other relevant fields.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Customer service and interpersonal skills.
- English written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Thai tax laws.
- Knowledge of tax reporting and compliance.
- Demonstrated ability in performing tax research and developing internal tax opinions
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.