- Bangkok, Krung Thep Mahanakhon, Thailand
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Manager, Balance Sheet Analytics
- Location: Bangkok, Krung Thep Mahanakhon, Thailand
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Manager, Balance Sheet AnalyticsAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Provide support and perform data analysis in order to optimize the Bank's balance sheet
- Support CFO on ad hoc basis for balance sheet optimization initiatives
- Work with CFO on deliverables required for leading the initiative on right sizing capital
- Perform analysis for the Bank's balance sheet and highlight areas for optimization or improvement if any
- Perform analytical review of capital and liquidity and provide insightful information to the business stakeholders
- Consolidate and perform analysis on the Bank's forecast and budget processes.
- Comply with policies and processes under the ORF
- Ensure that all liquidity and capital metrics remain within the Group and Local requirements
- Ensure that all BAU tasks have been performed according to the agreed timelines
- Streamline ALCO pack by leveraging from the Group standard pack
- Completion of ICAAP on time with quality contribution to capital streamlining
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team
- Encourage staff to participate in trainings and provide needed support for their roles
- Regularly engage with staff with some activities to promote working morale
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Bank
- Comply with policies and procedures under ERMF
- Understand the regulatory framework and requirement regarding liquidity and capital
- Proactive plan for embedding the forthcoming changes in capital and liquidity planning, including forward looking simulations - revised LCR/NSFR/Basel IV
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Liquidity and Capital team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- BOT prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation].
- ALCO members, Business, internal and external auditors, BOT.
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in SCBT; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
Our Ideal Candidate
- Professional qualification in liquidity/capital management, accounting and/or finance
- Good knowledge of balance sheet management and other risk management concepts.
- Excellent analytical skills and sound judgement in a rapidly changing environment
- Good business acumen and multicultural sensitivity.
- Possess strong leadership qualities
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.