- Bangkok, Krung Thep Mahanakhon, Thailand
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 16 Nov 18
Job ID: JR50848 We are looking for a Programmer Analyst with experience in Oracle PL/SQL or Cobol technology.
The successfull candidate will be involved in analysis, design, development of code & support for Insurance applications working closely with business analysts, clients & development teams to achieve project goals. He/she will work as a member of a project implementation/ support team in close co-operation with clients, systems development engieers and project manager.
THis is the best time of the year to join FIS Thailand. Go ahead and send your resume for this exciting opportunity!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with Client teams, project Managers, understand and analyze the clients requirements
- Working with the Client to configure the application in terms of the Clients requirements.
- Documenting the Clients requirements in appropriately formatted technical specifications (high level and low level design & development specification
- Assisting in obtain sign off on the requirements from the Client.
- Presenting the Client's requirements to the Design and development Team such that the requirements are fully understood.
- Participating in design sessions for new functionality.
- Code development based on client requirement & coding standards
- Assisting in the development of appropriate test plans, both at a functional level and a regression testing level, as required.
- Provide support to the client on all technical and production support issues around the application.
- Assisting the Business Analysts in resolving production issues as and when they arise.
- Any Engineering, Science or technical degree
- Minimum of two years technical and systems analysis experience in a large-scale system development/ support environment.
- System Project life cycle experience is a plus.
- Real-world experience of working in commercial software development projects in one of more technologies;
- Micro Focus COBOL
- Oracle PL/SQL developer
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Views, Database Triggers in a UNIX environment.
- Knowledge of Oracle Application Server 10g, Oracle Forms 10g and Reports 10g is a plus.
- Working experience with Unix operating systems and proficiency with Unix scripting.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving/trouble shooting abilities and following best practices.
- Knowledge of Data Modeling, logical and physical design.
- Experience/understanding of Internet technologies, J2EE, working knowledge of JAVA, familiarity with XML is a plus.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well-being individually motivated.
- Ability to set correct level expectations and deliver on those expectations.
- Well-developed written and verbal communications and effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong ENGLISH communication skills (VERBAL and WRITTEN)
- Proven self- starter with initiative to seek information and solve problems.
- Collaborative team player and ability to handle difficult situations.