Vice President- Portfolio Manager,- Taiwan Equities
- Not Specified
- Taipei, Taiwan Taipei Taipei TW
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
We are looking to hire a Taiwan on-shore equity fund / portfolio manager to join our expanding Taiwan Asset Management Division. Based in Taipei, the portfolio manager will be responsible for BlackRock Baoli Fund management and other Taiwan on-shore equity portfolios. The successful candidate is also expected to serve as a fund specialist for Taiwan equity portfolios, and clearly identifying and communicating the investment theses to both internal and external stakeholders.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will involve in the day-to-day management of Taiwan equity portfolios working alongside the co-manager as well as other Taiwan Asset Management Division colleagues, leverage resources from various BlackRock investment teams and provide necessary supports to sales team for promoting on-shore funds managed by BlackRock Investment Management (Taiwan) Limited.
- Responsible for BlackRock Baoli Fund management, Taiwan stock analysis and investment recommendations with robust knowledge of stocks in the universe as a minimum
- Cooperate with other team members in various tasks associated with research and analysis, including but not limited to gathering data and information, building financial models, bespoke quantitative analysis (macro and micro), interfacing with sell-side analysts and corporates, preparing presentations and research summaries/notes; etc.
- Provide macro-economic views and insights as well as opinions on the outlook for equities and key and pertinent market drivers from top-down and bottom-up perspectives
- Conduct 4-step investment process reports and any other administer affairs in complying with external regulations, rules and internal instructions
- Build partnership and strong working relationship with the analysts and portfolio managers in relevant teams globally
- Serve as a resource for, and share information with, other investment professionals at BlackRock
- Be a product specialist for Baoli Fund
- Be a back-up for other Taiwan on-shore fund managers if necessary
- Preferably >8 years’ experience in Taiwan equity portfolio management and Taiwan stocks research
- Strong understanding of finance, accounting and valuation concepts; financial modeling
- Adept at tools like Excel, Bloomberg, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to speak/read/write Mandarin is essential; native fluency preferred
- Full English language fluency
- Effective team player
- Proven research and analytical capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task
- Conscientious with attention to detail
- CFA and/or post graduate degree preferred but not necessary
- Practical knowledge of derivatives preferred
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.