Trade Product Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Financial Performance and profitability
- Directly responsible for product P&L within the country, and support as required the origination process. Have clear responsibility over pricing for all products and management of assets, contingents, liabilities AUM and for the allocation of RWA
- Work with the Regional Product Head in the management of the country ALCOs in alignment with country TB Heads and Regional Product heads. Monitoring market changes and pricing strategies.
- Drive in conjunction with regional product head, central revenue initiatives locally by ensuring that in country action plans are in place and revenue targets are achieved
- Determine standard product pricing and monitor collection of fee and NII across products for the country.
- Develop jointly with the Sales team a local Product & Sales strategy to meet country objectives, in line with the overall Transaction Banking strategy
- Conduct ongoing competitor analysis to capture the opportunities, mitigate the threats and deliver financial performance. Recommend and plan actions to build or reinforce our competitive edge
- Drive end to product performance, improving efficiency through the e-agenda, straight through processing, ensuring scalability to grow in the market
Product Management and Development
- Directly responsible for articulating the product strategy and executing product initiatives on the annual operating plan in country
- Directly responsible for understanding customer needs and develop the client value propositions that will address them across all client segments relevant for the market and feeding these needs into the Regional product teams.
- Sponsor launches of product enhancements, new products, channels or new platforms as required. Work jointly with Sales and Marketing to develop collaterals for local market, communicate product launches, organize customer events and develop a sales campaign strategy to ensure that the new products meet planned volume and revenue targets
- Ensuring training initiatives are executed in the country in line with the global commercialization agenda.
- Identify and market-size new business opportunities and revenue pools and articulate the product and client access capabilities needed to seize a share of them
- Establish a strategy that drives a customer-centric view into Transaction Banking with activities including but not limited to focus groups, customer surveys and Voice of the Customer.
- Where relevant work with the Network team, to building of relationships with third parties to expand the product offering as set out in the country plan and look at ways of reducing cost of such relationships.
- Provide leadership to commercialize new and existing product offerings in the market.
- Directly responsible for commercialization of new product capabilities by ensuring commercialization plans, targets and infrastructure to maximize success for it launch
- Be a critical advocate, internally and externally for the TB business with the commensurate presence, credibility and communication ability to manage internal and external stakeholders in the region externally (including client education and commercial opportunities) and internally across functions.
- Understand the needs of customers and prospects, and implement structures and solutions to meet these needs ensuring delivery of all SCB related capabilities,
- Provide ongoing support and training to TB sales, CIC, CC, GM, Risk and GTO staff to provide assistance to facilitate the closure of large or complex deals.
- Maintain high level client interaction. Approximately 20% of your time should be spent on client-related activities focused on strategic topics that help understand client needs and ensure an appropriate set of solutions delivered.
- Provide strong leadership to the in country product team
- Be a lead market advocate for TB participating and representing the Bank in industry bodies and market forums.
- Actively influence regulatory and public policy agenda through regular engagement with key regulators; be a point of reference in the region to give context to proposed regulations
- Develop a pool of talent within the country product business, ensuring high performers are recognised, rewarded and challenged with greater leadership opportunities.
- Provide leadership, coaching and motivation to the tam and ensure that members are adequately equipped and trained to handle their role and work effectively in a matrix organisation.
Risk & Governance
- Identify and mitigate the Operational, Credit, Regulatory and Business conduct risks relating to TB products within the country.
- Ensure country compliance on Group standard for Audit, Control and financial reporting including reporting of risks to BORF/CORGs
- Work with operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition
- Ensure timely renewal of country addendums (CAs) to PPGs and proactively work with stakeholders to identify and quantify new and existing risks. Actively participate in NPC roll out and execution in the region.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.