Taiwan Corporate Services Head
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Feb 18 2018-02-23
See job description for details
Taiwan Corporate Services Head
Morgan Stanley Corporate Services Asia is committed to providing long-term career opportunities for talented, bright and energetic people in both a stimulating and supportive environment where they can achieve their maximum potential while enjoying themselves in the process. For more information on career opportunities at Morgan Stanley, visit our website at www.morganstanley.com/careers .
Corporate Services Description
The Corporate Services (CS) division operates globally providing a robust portfolio of services utilized on a daily basis across the Firm. We are responsible for the daily office operations of 44 buildings across 22 cities with a 2.2M rentable square foot portfolio. Standard office hours are 0900 to 1800 hours, but coverage is extended on a 24 x 7 basis as required to meet the Firm’s needs. Corporate Services’ strategic plan is to anticipate and provide the space and supporting services for internal business units. The organization employs a matrix management structure with specific office needs delivered by local management and the functional teams support the local management by providing expertise across seven major areas:
- Business and Branch Management (BBM) team consists of several diverse functions that facilitate organization efficiency and cohesiveness. This group delivers intelligent cost management to meet the Firm’s objectives, fosters consistent departmental philosophies and best practices, and provides the global functional teams the benefit of combined scale.
- Corporate Information Management (CIM) partners with the revenue side of the business and plays a critical role in helping with researching opportunities and client presentations. CIM oversees the information lifecycle from discovery, composition and presentation, to output, distribution, storage, retention and destruction.
- Corporate Real Estate Management (CREM) is responsible for the planning, acquisition, design, construction and management of Morgan Stanley’s occupational real estate interests. The global team provides support and services across all regions for both Corporate and Wealth Management businesses.
The CREM life cycle begins with the Portfolio Strategy team who ensures the Firm has the necessary space to operate a business with changing needs, followed by the Portfolio Management team who, guided by strategy, identifies suitable real estate solutions. The Property Management team then ensures the Firm’s office spaces are delivered in the most cost effective and business appropriate manner.
- Corporate Security and Investigations (CSI) team develops and implements security and safety strategies for both the physical and reputational security of employees and facilities.
- Global Workforce Strategy (GWS) is an internal team that helps business units define a global workforce plan and think strategically about how and where their business or operation should be staffed and located. The team ensures workforce plans enhance profitability by reducing operating costs, while balancing risk and enabling the Firm to control its business environment.
- Travel team manages a global travel agency organization as well as manages and negotiates travel-related services such as corporate aviation, airlines, hotels, ground transportation, the corporate card and travel technology tools within Firm requirements.
The Head will join the Corporate Services Division and will be responsible for managing the office premises and daily operations located in Taiwan. The current space portfolio includes 29,000 rentable square foot of space, spread across two sites.
P rospects for this position will have demonstrated the ability to manage a large range of diversified functions. Accordingly, the individual must be an accomplished business person and a proven leader capable of building a cohesive team. The successful candidate will have 15-18 years of pertinent business experience with a proven track record of consistently exceeding performance goals and managing operations in a demanding business environment. From an industry perspective, we would consider candidates with broad real estate, facilities management, or project management exposure. The ideal candidate would have experience heading a Corporate Services division for a multi-national firm with knowledge of the Taiwan market and business culture. It is necessary for this individual to have experience working abroad or with multi-national firms and a wide range of industry contacts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Office Administration
- Corporate Services procurement, Travel, Amenities, Mail & Distribution and Reception
- Management, administration, and client engagement
- Facilities Management
- Facilities Management
- Routine maintenance of building operations and engineering systems
- Maintenance contract management
- Emergency call out and rectification services
- Moves, Adds, and Changes (MAC)
- Project Management of space construction
- Language: Highly fluent in both English and Mandarin
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Other Skills: Project management, problem solving, client relationship management
- Other Competencies: Team player, self-motivated professional, positive, energetic, and with attention to detail
- A self-starter, who is comfortable working in an environment removed from regional headquarters, and inspires the trust and confidence of management
- Demonstrated track record meeting financial business plan budgets and project schedules. Broad knowledge of real estate / property services finance with an analytical mind set.
- Professional vendor management including procurement aspects such as RFP procedures will be beneficial
- Strong problem solving skills with an ability to derive innovative solutions
The successful candidate will have 15 to 18years of business experience in a demanding business environment such as financial services. Additional attributes are listed below:
- Experience in managing a team within a multi-national company
- Experience with reporting to off-shore management and operating autonomously
- Possess a University Degree qualification
- Facility management and operations experience with an engineering background would be a benefit
Direct – Regional CS Manager, based in Shanghai
Indirect – Taiwan COO, based in Hong Kong