UG Investment Advisers Ltd. was established in 1998 and currently has offices in Taipei and Shanghai. UG is registered as a Non-U.S. investment adviser under the U.S. SEC.
- Work on various legal projects at the direction of the Compliance and Legal function.
- Drafting, revising and negotiating contracts and agreements in respect of our fund business (fund prospectus, investment management agreement, service agreement, ISDA and other trading agreement, distribution agreement…etc.).
- Follow-up and advising on the legal and regulatory developments in relation to the fund business (including US SEC, Cayman Islands, EU and EEA…etc.).
- Prepare and collate various types of policies and providing support to the Chief Compliance Officer in the performance of regulatory functions as necessary.
- Communicating with external lawyer/counsel to build relationships, find solutions and best represent Company’s business interests.
- Strong academics - Law degree or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years with legal/compliance related experience in international financial institution legal or documentation department or international law firm will be given first consideration.
- Prior experience of financial markets and products ideally derivative products is desirable.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English writing and strong negotiation skills.
- Able to prioritize a busy workload in line with business goals.
- The role can be based in either Hong Kong and Taipei.