Analyst - Transfer Agency Services (TAS)
- Not Specified
- Taipei, Taiwan Taipei Taipei TW
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Headquartered in New York City, as of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 12,100 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com
Business Unit Overview:
The Global TAS team is made up of 62 people across the globe, The APAC TAS team is made up of 22 people located in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan & Australia, servicing circa 700 funds, 14,000 client accounts, which generate 83,000 client orders per month.
The Asia TAS Team serves as the central point of contact for our clients, internal departments and external service providers. We provide client servicing for our clients investing in our BlackRock off-shore funds domiciled in Luxembourg, Dublin, Cayman and also the on-shore funds in Hong Kong, China and Taiwan. We provide oversight to our external Transfer Agents for account opening, fund dealing, payment, resolving issues and reporting for our clients.
The successful Taiwan TAS candidate will be part of a team of transfer agency services professionals supporting our clients located in Taiwan.
The person in this role will work closely with our internal stakeholders to onboard clients investing in our on-shore & off-shore mutual fund ranges, participate in new fund launches, conduct service provider oversight ensuring service level agreements are met as well as ongoing active participation in new initiatives across all aspects of fund operations, client servicing & compliance.
The successful candidate will work closely with a number of internal teams supporting the business including; Retail Client Management, Institutional Client Business, Global Provider Strategy, Strategic Product Management, Portfolio Management Group, Client Order Management, Aladdin Portfolio Group, Fund Administration and Legal & Compliance.
- Serve as a contact for clients and their agents for account opening and investment instructions for Retail Distributors / High Net Worth Individual and Corporate / Institutional clients into BlackRock onshore and offshore funds.
- Facilitate clients’ placement of deal instructions in BlackRock funds with the external transfer agents.
- Work closely with internal and external groups; including but not limited to, Global Client Groups, Business Operations, Local and Global Custodians and Transfer Agents.
- Provide high quality client service externally and internally, answering inquiries and resolving problems from clients as well as internal BlackRock groups
- Production of Taiwan Regulatory reporting
- Identify and manage operational risk effectively, including identification, communication, escalation and remediation of risks to the relevant forums
- Identify and challenge non-standard/exception based processes and/or requests, escalating accordingly.
- Seek process improvements wherever possible, to facilitate take-on of additional activities through the commoditization/ automation of existing activities.
- Experience in project / initiative implementations, with the required skillset to take on business analysis and test planning in a timely manner.
- Be a team player within the Taiwan TAS team and cross-support colleagues across APAC TAS locations to deliver best in class service to our clients. Own client queries and drive them through to resolution, ensuring a variety of client queries are handled with due care and attention and responded to appropriately, within agreed time frames and always with consideration of the client’s needs, expectations and experience.
- Partner with the sales team and other business stakeholders to develop solutions for our clients, exploring our service capabilities and continually looking for ways to innovate and provide clients with improved and better service outcomes.
The role will provide opportunities to learn the full operational processes for BlackRock Mutual Funds, Transfer Agent operation, client services and oversight responsibilities.
Being the central point for all Retail client contact queries and issues, we have daily interactions with departments such as Legal & Compliance, Portfolio Managers, Product and Client Business which will allow our team members to gain a wealth of knowledge about the workings of BlackRock, its position in the market and the wide range of products that we manage.
BlackRock is a firm believer in mobility of high performers across functional groups as it has been proven to keep the company better connected as we grow. This ensures an internal first policy for all open vacancies.
- 3 to 5 years of Taiwan onshore fund industry and offshore fund master agent experience related to shareholder / Direct client services (individual / corporate) or transfer agency operations.
- Professional Licenses: SITCA licensing (Securities Investment Trust & Consulting Professionals) is must required
- Knowledge of Taiwan onshore funds and offshore funds master agent in Taiwan (TDCC Trading and reporting platforms) is essential.
- Knowledge of Taiwan fund ruling and regulations, AML policies and procedures, and on-boarding KYC and new account documentation is essential.
- Understanding of fund investment operation processes and NAV valuation/administration is a plus.
- Knowledge of Luxembourg SICAVs, Dublin SICAVs or APAC On-Shore funds preferred.
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering policies and requirements.
- Language ability in both Mandarin and English.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and an aptitude for learning new applications.
- Innovative problem solving capabilities and ability to think and act quickly.
- Ability to use factual based data in decision making process while working under critical deadlines.
- Capacity for working effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Highly motivated, demonstrate genuine interests in financial / client services, an aptitude for problem solving and shows willingness to go the extra mile for clients.
- Organized, disciplined and methodical approach to work and able to manage time well whilst working in a sometimes pressured environment, with the ability to manage and prioritize work of self and others effectively to consistently meet business goals.
- A proactive team-player who understands that a highly orga
nized team can drive better performance and can take the lead in driving through process improvements and change.
- An individual, who processes a proactive and ‘can do’ attitude, which can lead self and others with drive, determination and a willingness to learn and innovate.
- Personable, confident and able to develop strong relationships with both clients and internal partners.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.