Windows System Administrator
The Windows System Administrator is responsible for supporting a multi-user computing environment and to ensure continuous, optimal performance of IT services and support systems.
The role is accountable for providing L2/L3 technical support, from incidents, using all monitoring and administration tools available on the customer side.
• Availability to work planned on-call support 24/7;
• Install and Configure Windows Servers;
• Provide Technical Support and Guidance;
• Perform System Maintenance;
• Monitor System Performance;
• Create System Backups;
• Maintain System Security;
• Troubleshooting / Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for areas including, but not limited to:
• Active Directory (AD) related issues - DNS zone issues; Sites/Subnets review; Verify if AD issue is within scope identified by IT Risk team. If not, refer issue to IT Risk AD workgroup;
• Microsoft (MS) Clustering issues - Verify issue is not due to non-Cluster aware software installations; troubleshoot heartbeat, quorum, cluster services, cluster resource issues. Engage, and work with, MS when needed;
• Advanced server support - Own server issues outside of, or unresolvable by, L1 team skill sets;
• Client support - Provide recommendations for configuration or other improvements to the environment.
• Server administration;
• Programming and coding - scripting languages (e.g. vbs / PowerShell);
• Information security;
• Analytical skills;
• Communication skills;
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.;
• Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines;
• Profissional posture and can-do atitude;
• Experience using Service Management Tools (e.g. ServiceNow);
• ITIL V3 certification or equivalent;
• Fluent English language. German knowledge is an additional advantage.