Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Middleware team, which has a global
Are you passionate about Web Engineering? Do you want to help set the direction and strategy for the Web hosting platforms? Are you motivated to work in a complex, divers and global environment?
We are looking for an IT System Engineer to join our team and help us to:
• evaluate, plan and integrate technical infrastructure solutions
• guarantee a secure infrastructure environment as well as production stability and performance
• analyze errors in systems and define corrective measures (you've got a good eye)
• cooperate with other groups in engineering on delivery of large scale programs
• maintain & improve existing deployment and build mechanisms Your team
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Middleware team, which has a global footprint and works with clients and wider team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective solutions and products to our clients.
You'll be working the Application hosting team based in Zurich. As an IT System Engineer, you will be instrumental in setting the direction and strategy for the Web hosting platforms across the globe and in designing and building solutions to automate the deployment, configuration and upgrade of these systems. You will be joining a well-established team who will provide invaluable guidance as you grow your knowledge and career. Team work is pivotal to our success, it plays a very important role. We offer flexibility in the workplace and equal opportunities to all our team members. Your experience and skills
excellent knowledge of:
• Tomcat, Apache, Cloud Foundry
• Shell-Scripting and tools (Shell, ANSIBLE, JIRA, Confluence)
• Unix (RHEL)
• SSL, certificate handling and PKI
• Interpersonal skills, the role involves coordinating activities with resources and communicating clearly to SME's and Application developers.
sound knowledge of:
• Building RPMs for RHEL
• Application development framework Spring
• IT infrastructure including virtualisations and Storage concepts (VM ware)
• preferably previous experience working in complex infrastructure projects
• Good English skills (spoken and written)
• German skills considered a bonus About us
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us? Join Us
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now. Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.