Tableau Server Specialist
Our client is looking for a new Tableau team of Server Specialists to join their growing international team in Zurich. This is a twelve month contract with a high possibility of extension. Please see the job responsibilities and required skills below and if this looks like the right role for you then click apply!
- A successful candidate will be passionate about working closely with data and software engineers to ensure optimal application and data database/warehouse design to support reporting requirements
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Tableau software (Desktop Pro, Server, Interactor), with a strong understanding of Tableau architecture and administration
- 3+ years experience as Tableau administrator, developing in, configuring and administering Tableau Server
- Experience with large data sets on Hadoop BigData eco system (have good knowledge in creating and editing SQL queries, Python), strong Knowledge in BI tools including ETL, Data Warehousing, etc.
- Experience working with Relational Databases (SQL Server)
- Expertise in Tableau platform sizing, troubleshooting, tuning & disaster recovery
- Participate in upgrade analysis and support/maintain technical documentation related to the views
- A higher education in Engineering, Economics, Mathematic, Data Science or an equivalent education
- Tableau server certification is a plus
- You are able to configure and maintain Tableau Server Software Layer, perform system administration (includes site creation, server maintenance/Upgrades/patches) and monitor server activity/usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements
- You can do performance tuning / Server management of tableau server environment (clustering, Load balancing), create / manage groups, workbooks and objects (dimensions, measures, hierarchies, reports, workbooks, dashboards), from development to production environments
- Assist in the identification and migration of data sources to Tableau server and in the development of workbooks to support business initiatives
- Your attention to details in combination with your number driven and methodical approach allow you to handle multiple priorities and assignments
- As demonstrated standout colleague, self-starter, and independent thinker you are willing to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Work experience in an agile managed project or at least awareness of pertinent concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please note that only EU Nationals or Swiss work permit holders can apply for this role. Due to the high volume of applicants, only the most suitable candidates will be contacted after applying.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA