Syndicated Loans –Senior Associate/ Analyst
- Zurich, Switzerland Zurich Zurich CH
- Permanent, Full time
- Swiss Capital Alternative Investments AG
- 09 Apr 18 2018-04-09
Swiss Capital Alternative Investments AG, an affiliate of StepStone Group LP, is a Zurich based asset management firm with focus on alternative investments, i.e., hedge fund and private market investments. The firm offers a wide range of customized mandates, advice and investment products to institutional clients.
In this position you will closely collaborate with other members of the private debt, legal, reporting and operations teams, specialized managers in syndicated loans in the US and Europe and external service providers. Swiss Capital Alternative Investments AG invests in Syndicated Loans, Direct Lending and in credit hedge funds.
Your tasks in the syndicated loans’ area will include:
- Monitoring existing syndicated loan managers and mandates including portfolios and performance analyses, compliance with the investment guidelines and restrictions, monthly review calls, review of cash levels, etc.
- Monitoring sub-IG Corporate Credit Markets including single credit news, industry trends, new issuance activity, market trends (credit spreads, defaults, flows, CLO issuance, etc), sub-markets (LBOs, middle markets, etc) and other
- Tracking fundamental trends of the universe (leverage levels, interest coverage, etc)
- Reviewing price challenges and exception requests from the managers
- Supporting the sourcing of additional syndicated loan managers and preparing strategic due diligence investment memos covering track record, loan capabilities, related businesses, etc
- Monitoring peer performance including ETF and mutual funds
- Preparing responses/presentations to the clients
- Liaising with internal and external legal counsels
- Helping to manager the existing platform (dividend payments, cash projections, etc).
- You have a minimum of 4-5 years’ work experience in an investment management area.
- Previous experience or some exposure to private debt markets in a capacity of an underwriter, originator, credit officer or investor is a must have
- Your ability to analyze and present complex matters in a comprehensive way makes it easy for others to follow your argumentation
- You are solution-oriented and are able to work independently
- The willingness and capability to integrate and work in a small team and, if required, also perform basic tasks is essential
- You are a proficient user of Microsoft Office. Fluency in English as well as a valid work permit for either Switzerland or the EU are mandatory.
Please submit your documentation via: