Senior Technical Project Manager
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG Suisse
- 25 Mar 19
You'll be working in the Compliance & Operational Risk Control (C&ORC) IT team based in Zürich - Switzerland. Our team is building a data platform to provision data to multiple internal consumers. Our objectives for provisioning data are on ease of
Do you enjoy tackling complex challenges? Do you recognize data as an asset? Are you interested in innovation, analytics and data and its real world application?
We're looking for an IT Project Manager to:
• lead the delivery of modern enterprise-wide data management initiatives
• effectively conduct workshops with business and technology stakeholders to solicit future state and detailed requirements. The outcome of which will drive the detailed design and architecture patterns to use for the data platform- synthesize complex information and requirements and lead complex technical implementations
• liaise with project stakeholders across technology delivery teams, Chief Technology Office, Chief Data Office, Business and Analytics teams gaining go forward decisions and signoffs.
• ability to right-size projects, identify risks through applying knowledge, experience and analytical thinking from prior implementations
• proven ability to manage a matrixed organization of business, application and our own data management team to deliver projects- assess and remediate risks and issues, tracking these plus deliverables on our RAID reports
• hands-on experience managing project resources, deliverables, allocations, budgets, timelines and provide reporting ensuring all elements of the delivery team are in-line with project plan utilizing ASAP or SDLC methodology required (5 Years)- allocate, utilize and direct personnel resources to drive projects to completion
• provide technical leadership in design and development activities on concurrent complex technology and data projects with multi-source, on and offshore teams
• possess strong communication, presentation and engagement skills, be able to adapt, quick learner, and be able to provide technical expertise across a wide range of technology.
• partner with vendor and UBS team to define statement of work activities aligning with scope and delivery dates
• keep track of program backlogs and roadmaps, ensuring these stay in line with data management strategy and vision, with a mindset on innovation for next generation capabilities.
• evaluate and innovate new best-in-class data management approaches and technology-develop data strategy and establish integration patterns for the C&ORC data platform
• drive adoption of data architecture best practices; while adhering to financial services policies and standards
• skilled in designing high performance and high available applications, providing guidance/mentorship to technology teams.
• delivers solutions for the enterprise collaborate and work with data analysts in various departments to ensure that data meets their reporting and analysis needs
You'll be working in the Compliance & Operational Risk Control (C&ORC) IT team based in Zürich - Switzerland. Our team is building a data platform to provision data to multiple internal consumers. Our objectives for provisioning data are on ease of data access, seamless security and high performance. Eventually the Data Platform will as a including Reporting, Analytics, AI and Data Science platform. Our applications are integrated with other systems in UBS so it's important that in this role, you will be able to collaborate with other IT teams located across the globe.
Your experience and skills
• in-depth experience in managing large scale multi-year cross functional implementation projects
• experience as lead engineer/technical architect in a globally distributed team (Must have at least 5 Years)
• experience working across the full software development lifecycle on multiple enterprise scale development projects concurrently in Waterfall, Iterative, Kanban and Agile environments required. (Must have at least 5 Years)
• experience working closely with onshore/nearshore/offshore teams and multiple vendors required (5 Years)
• adaptable and able to work effectively across different technology and business teams
• masters' degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline with 10+ years working experience, of which 5+ years as a solution architect in an enterprise software delivery role.(Must have)
• PMP or equivalent academic qualification preferred
• has financials services IT background, preferably in delivering applications to support Compliance & Operational Risk platform
• experience with handling cross border data platform security requirements
• Knowledge in the following key areas: Capital Markets, Regulatory Rules, Employee Personal Account Dealing and Trade Surveillance analytics. (Must have)
• strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills
• effective in communication and collaboration – both written and verbal
• experience working across the full software development lifecycle on multiple enterprise scale projects concurrently in Waterfall, Iterative, Kanban and/or Agile environments required. (5 Years)
• experience with continuous integration environments, DevOps principles, automated unit testing and the tools used to support CI and release management required (5 years).
• proficient skills with tools used in software development lifecycle, such as IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse, Git, Maven, Gradle, JIRA, Teamcity/Jenkin, Confluence required (5 Years)
• professional experience in executing and monitoring various key procedural IT risk controls in key procedural areas such as authentication, authorization, access management, software development life cycle, change & release management, platform security, network security, security monitoring, capacity management, process monitoring & incident management, IT asset management, IT disaster recovery management, record management, data security & governance, physical security and backup. (5 Years)
• experience in integration tools (such as Informatica PowerCenter or DataStage) and exposure to working with workflow engines and Rule Engines. (Must have)
• experience executing data warehousing, intelligent data store, data quality data lake projects
• experience with Database Design Tools, Enterprise Architect (UML) and Data Modeler like TOAD/Power Designer. (Must have)
• used vendor products in areas such as market abuse, information barrier, electronic surveillance, employee conduct, control room and financial crime focusing on the prevention and investigation of manipulative or illegal practices. (Must have)
• good understanding of use case(s) and application of tools in the Financial Crimes and Surveillance space such as: alert detection/ generation and case management suites such as Actimize, SMARTS, Trading Hub and NetReveal. (Must have)
• exposure to Analytics and Machine learning tools like Data Robot/Data IKU (Preferred)
• exposure to Apache/
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.