Senior Specialist Insurance Accounting 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 16 Mar 18
As a Senior Specialist Insurance Accounting , your main responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for timely delivery of correct reinsurance accounting data
- Handle technical accounting including reconciliation and settlement for our international programs
- Coaching and providing technical advice within and outside assumed accounting team
- Organizing and maintaining close working relationship with internal and external business partners worldwide
- Participating in testing activities in projects and helping to lead projects to successful completion
- Supporting the team leader in ad-hoc tasks and pro-actively advise superiors of the implications of issues found and recommend corrective actions necessary
- Providing technical guidance and support to team members
As a Senior Specialist Insurance Accounting , your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Advanced commercial education with strong accounting know-how
- 3-5 years of related experience including good accounting knowledge in respect of SAP Sub-Ledger FSRI/FSCD and General Ledger FI
- Insurance or Reinsurance experience within a dynamic, international environment
- Very good analytical skills coupled with strong conceptual and organizational skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with colleagues from other departments and partners worldwide
- Very good English is a must (writing and speaking), German and any other languages are welcome
- PC literate with advanced MS Office skills, especially MS Excel
- High self-motivation and persistence
- Strong team player
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 55,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.