Senior Oversight and Reporting Compliance Consultant 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 20 Oct 18
Furthermore, you will support the Group Compliance Officer and the Head of Compliance Management and Assurance in executing oversight of and any further reporting activities by the function (e.g., KRT, SOX, Audit actions) and contribute to the overall development of the function e.g., by defining clear processes and deliverables supporting the effective execution of the Compliance mandate.
As a Senior Oversight and Reporting Compliance Consultant your main responsibilities will involve:
- Developing, implementing, administering and continuously enhancing the functional oversight and reporting procedures (including programming of complex MS Excel templates, setting up and navigating MS Access databases)
- Contribute to providing monthly functional management reporting, and quarterly reporting to the Audit Committee as well as interacting with other assurance providers and Group Legal to ensure Compliance related topics are adequately integrated in reports where relevant and that relevant actions are being tracked and completed.
- Enhancing the focus on content and action
- Contribute to evaluating, implementing, enhancing and administering a technical solution allowing efficient and effective functional reporting and related data retention
- Ensuring coordination and alignment with other Group functions e.g., Risk Management and Audit, as required
- Ascertaining that relevant Compliance documents (incl. Zurich Compliance Program, Zurich Compliance Charter) are continuously updated, maintained and disseminated in the organization
Your Skills and Experience
As a Senior Oversight and Reporting Compliance Consultant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Professional education (University level) preferably in Economics, Business Administration, Law or Risk Management
- Information Technology (IT) - data analytics, data base management. Excellent MS Excel skills including VBA and advanced experience in MS Access are a must
- Management experience and first hand assurance know-how are a plus
- In-depth practical knowledge of Insurance business model and operations, Insurance products and Insurance regulations and regulatory developments
- Strong knowledge of Zurich's business set-up, Zurich's global operating model and operations
- Advanced skills and experience in pro-active problem solving, issue identification, impact assessment and option development (conceptualization) as well as recommendation development
- Project portfolio management and change management skills
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication (incl. presentations skills)
- Superior skills in service delivery
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent command of English is required. German and any additional language would be an asset.
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.