- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG AG
- 12 Dec 17
Senior Manager Insurance Finance Transformation
We are looking for an experienced professional to lead KPMG's Insurance Transformation as part of our Insurance Advisory team.
Start date: As soon as possible or by arrangement
- Leading a small but growing insurance transformation team
- Leading and delivering complex finance, risk and actuarial transformation programs driven by regulatory (Solvency 2, IFRS 17, other) and/or management requirements.
- Steering and/or supporting the business development for all aspects of insurance finance transformation by leveraging KPMG resources
- Shaping the approach of projects, planning resources, deliverables and timelines
- Providing subject matter expertise on a variety of technical topic areas within the insurance and broader financial services consulting community within KPMG
- Building and sustaining relationships with our key (re)insurance clients, being seen as a trusted business advisor and maintaining a leading market profile
- Identifying client needs and proposing innovative, yet practical solutions
- Developing and owning key client relationships to support sustained business growth by identifying and shaping future transformation programs.
- Providing oversight across multiple projects running simultaneously
- Shape and drive the insurance finance transformation practice strategy and plan
- Developing KPMG's thought leadership across a variety of topics including IFRS 17 implementation and approaches to deriving value from Solvency 2
- Performance managing and mentoring team members
- Working in a manner consistent with KPMG's core values
- Being an active role model for colleagues
- Degree-level education, Qualified Accountant, e.g. ACA, CA, ACCA, CPA, etc. or Prior actuarial or enterprise risk management education
- 9-15 years of experience in accounting and finance within the insurance industry or as a consultant, with focus on transformation and change
- Experience in some of Solvency II, IFRS, US GAAP, MCEV and ideally, IFRS17
- Experience of leading projects in several of the following areas: planning, forecasting, capital and economic value management, financial consolidation, group reporting, management reporting and analysis
- Ability to design and implement operating models for finance, risk and actuarial functions and strong understanding of production and reporting financial, solvency and economic reporting processes
- Some understanding of IFRS 17 requirements, analysis and methodologies (building block approach, contractual services margin calculation, etc.)
- Very good understanding of the insurance industry and processes, especially around the risk, finance and actuarial functions
- Strong core consulting skills incl. facilitation, presentation, interviewing and influencing
- Ability to work comfortably with actuaries and technicians
- Evident leadership skills with experience of managing direct reports and project teams
- Confidence and ability to advise senior management on alternative solutions and risks with experience of presenting and influencing at a senior level
- Strength of character, empathy and resilience when faced with adversity
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, solve problems and consistently exhibit a can-do attitude
- Targeted career development and internal and external attractive training and further education options
- Possibilities for global and Switzerland-wide mobility across all sectors and locations
- 25-30 days of leave, option for compensation of overtime (with the exception of management staff); management staff receive an additional 4 to 6 days of leave
- Maternity leave of 16 weeks, paternity leave of 5 days and free advice from the external family service
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
KPMG as an employer
You will be joining a growth area, which is an object of strategic focus from senior KPMG leaders. You will work with leading Swiss and multi-national (re)insurance companies on a wide variety of finance, risk and regulatory change initiatives sponsored by C-level clients. As one of the leaders shaping and steering KPMG's strategy and approach to insurance transformation, you will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with client contacts, overseeing and delivering consulting engagements, performance management, thought leadership and people development. There is significant scope for personal and professional growth.
KPMG is one of the leading financial audit and advisory services firms in the world. Its international network makes it possible for KPMG to offer clients clear and consistent solutions locally thanks to cross-border know-how. KPMG Switzerland advises both internationally active firms and regionally active SMEs. In addition to quality and industry knowledge, one thing is key for us: client proximity. Together with our clients and organised around their needs, we develop tailor-made solutions in the audit, tax and advisory fields, within the framework of the rules of independence.
+41 58 249 26 30
To apply for this vacancy, please provide your cover letter, CV and all relevant certificates. We look forward to receiving your application.