Senior Business Risk Manager
The Senior Business risk manager will work in the Business risk team, which is a unit within the Investment Risk team supporting the Asset Management clients and Investments Center of Excellence. The Business risk team is a cross functional team which collaborates daily with many functions (Risk, Audit, IT, etc) across the organization to support the business in ensuring compliance with internal and ex-ternal risk and regulatory requirements.
- Take ownership of the entire life cycle of the risk incident management process including supporting the recording of risk events
- Be able to plan, report and assist the business to establish effective and efficient action plans as well as lessons learnt in respect to events;
- Work with the business to identify, assess, document and regularly review business/operational risks and associated controls via the annual RCSAs (Risk and Control Self Assessments)
- Report and monitor the AM/IN key risk indicators
- Provide risk and control expertise into key business projects (regulatory, change the bank or risk framework initiatives);
- Support the business with designing and conducting 1st line of defence controls and processes.
- Present the Business Risk update report at the Investment Risk Meeting
- Be willing to support the business with client meetings/due diligence on risk matters
- Evolve the business continuity & outsourcing processes for AM/IN
- Support in project managing the completion of the annual ISAE 3402 report.
- Using strong analytical skills and technical skills to prepare risk reporting on monthly basis
- Responsible to review the DLP alerts
- Support the business to implement and embed the risk appetite framework
- Evolve the risk framework (ESG, OpRisk, and Compliance)overall and culture in the business
- Support with monitoring with third party and intragroup relationship management
- Industry experience: at least 6-8 years' experience preferably in an asset management or atleast in financial services industry.
- Understanding of Operational risk framework and FINMA circulars in this respect
- Experience in working in Operational risk or business risk functions
- Process design and & control design knowledge a strong plus
- IT and BCM risk management basic understanding is very desirable
- Analytical skills in order to conduct root cause analysis
- IT and programming skills for data analysis a huge plus
- Specific subject knowledge: Key risk indicators, Risk and control self- assessment, control testing and control documentation, incident handling process
- Experience in project management
- Ability to work closely with colleagues in any risk and business functions
- Be motivated to solve problems, taking the initiative to obtain the required information where necessary, innovating where appropriate and following issues through to resolution or escalate when absolutely necessary.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Languages: fluent written and spoken communication in English and German in addition being an advantage.
- University degree in Business, Computer Science, Economics, etc.
Thank you for the time to consider Vontobel. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will carefully assess your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.Please apply via our career portal. For this position, please note that we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form .