Senior Business Auditor 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 26 Jun 19
Our Group Audit mandate is to provide independent and objective assurance to the Zurich Boards of Directors and Audit Committees as well as to the Group CEO and Senior Management.
We are looking for a Business Audit Manager to join our audit team, based in Zurich. As a member of this team you will get face time with and the ability to influence people at all levels within the organization. You will be part of a professional, externally accredited department, rated as one of the top 10% in our peer group.
Our ambition is to provide inspiring assurance in whatever form and whatever time our stakeholders need it by operating as a passionate, united, innovative and high-performing team. As part of the Corporate Center audit team, you will participate and coordinate audits being executed simultaneously across the globe and interact with team members throughout Europe, North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific.
As a Senior Business Auditor your main responsibilities will involve:
- Build an in-depth understanding of Group Audit standards and methodology
- Assist the Portfolio Manager / Auditor in Charge in tasks related to planning & determination of the audit scope (with limited supervision and guidance)
- Complete audit work, document and report audit results in line with Group Audit standards
- Operate with minimum supervision on smaller/less complex assignments, with sufficient guidance and subsequent review
- Agree on corrective actions with business stakeholders and deliver the final audit report with support from the Portfolio Manager / Auditor in Charge
- Track the implementation of agreed actions
- Develop own knowledge and business awareness by reviewing available resources and interacting with multiple stakeholders
As a Senior Business Auditor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Relevant university degree and professional qualifications (e.g. CPA, CIA) and/or candidate is working towards relevant professional qualification
- Job holder should have at least 5+ years' experience preferable a financial auditor background in financial services and/or insurance with life/non-life insurance knowledge, preferably good Life insurance knowledge
- Good project management, analytical, problem solving and communications skills, expertise in insurance would be a strong asset - preferable in an internal audit and/or external audit environment
- Flexibility and endurance to cope with varying workloads, pressures and priorities.
- Knowledge of audit standards, principles of internal controls, processes, assessment and design of compliance testing
- Experience with Data Analytics as part of the audit work is preferred
- Understanding of industry, key markets, participants, innovation drivers, business issues, standards and guidelines, regulatory environment and developments
- Experience within complex organizations
- Strong German (written and spoken) as well as fluency in English (written and spoken is a must
- Other languages also beneficial
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.