Scala/Python Engineer / Ingenieur
As one of the top suppliers to our client, an international bank with headquarters in Zurich, Swisslinx are looking for a highly motivated and technology savvy Big Data Engineer with 8+ years experience, an architectural mindset and strong knowledge of Scala and Python knowhow.
This is a contract running until end of year starting no later than September.
You will fix production issues and incompatibility risk by redesigning, developing, testing and deploying an existing service component to an existing service which needs to be aligned with overall new architecture to provide a robust operational capability to the End to End solution and process.
Joining a highly professional and motivated team of data engineer and data scientists responsible for delivering strategic data engineering and data science solutions to the firm, you will perform a crucial function to apply your technical background to redesign it according to the current software development standards
• Re-engineer an SQL solution written in Scala into python based code, executing automatically SQL queries, with same results as current system provides.
• Test End to End Solution.
• Revision of solution architecture and points of failure.
• Recommendation on E2E data flow, potential redesign within other existing E2E technologies stack (RedOwl, Pentaho, ETL).
• Document new solution.
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess as many of the following skills and experience:
• 8 - 10 years of experience in similar field - as data, system engineer
• Distributed computing knowledge preferably on Spark
• Cloudera stack, spark, impala, hive, hdfs
• SQL, ETL
• Functional Programming, preferably in Scala and python - +5 years of experience
• English fluent
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. The team is currently working for home during the pandemic and 2-3 days home office will be offered post COVID.
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading financial companies in Switzerland? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA