Risk Control Operations - Data Controls Expert
Do you have significant experience in Financial Services? Are you an expert in risk data, operational processes and applications? Are you an engaged and motivated personality who likes to understand the big picture? Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues across various functions?
Then we are looking for someone like you to join Group Risk Control (GRC) to:
- take the lead from a Risk Control Operations (RCO) perspective in the implementation and onboarding of a new data control framework for pillar 2 risk models
- work closely with RCO colleagues, the Risk Change and IT teams and key stakeholders to develop enhanced analytical capabilities to support the overall RCO data control framework
- manage and coordinate the prioritization of data control enhancements to the strategic Credit Risk data hub
- act as a subject matter expert in the area of data controls in order to ensure consistency in approach across numerous regulatory-driven change projects
- work with various delivery teams to ensure that data governance and data management principles and frameworks are operating effectively and Basel Committee (BCBS 239) principles are adhered to
Your team :
You will be working in Risk Control Operations, within the Group Risk & Data team in Zürich. Our role is to manage the integrity of the data used for Credit and Firmwide risk management and reporting, to act as guardian for the overall data control framework for GRC, to work closely with various change partners to deliver effective and sustainable operational solutions and to ensure compliance with BCBS 239 principles.
Your experience and skills :
- a degree in economics / finance
- a minimum of ten years' experience in the financial services industry, with at least five years working in a risk management or risk control function
- a detailed understanding of regulatory developments and requirements including BCBS 239, IFRS9 and CCAR
- profound knowledge of risk data and the application of control principles to ensure its integrity
- a comprehensive understanding of Credit Risk and Market Risk approaches in major financial institutions
- the ability to lead and manage complex deliverables to successful completion
- IT literacy, with knowledge of data structures and data models
- excellent communication skills and the ability to influence at senior levels
- dedicated, focused and extremely reliable
- able to make decisions swiftly whilst operating in a complex environment
- capable of working effectively under pressure and to tight delivery deadlines
- able to apply your vast experience and knowledge to new situations, processes and infrastructure
- fluent in English, both in written and oral form
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.