- Highly Competitive
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Nov 18
We are a world renowned global investment management and data science company with more than $20bn in assets under management and over 200 employees globally. We are passionate about model building, data analysis, and the possibilities that they hold for building long term investment systems that evolve as markets change.
As a quantitative researcher you will be responsible for developing automated quant trading strategies using sophisticated statistical techniques. Through the development of novel statistical modelling and data mining techniques, we scour noisy, non-stationary data for faint patterns that form the basis of our trading systems. We are looking for talented scientists who are enthusiastic about taking a hands-on approach and collaborating with top technical talent in a collegial, meritocratic work environment characterised by teamwork and intellectual rigor.
- Statistical modelling of financial and non-financial datasets, examining real-world data.
- Delivering high quality statistical research output against our research goals.
- Create and test complex investment ideas and partner with our engineers to test your theories.
- Attending internal lectures/workshops and presenting your research for peer review.
- Collaboration with research colleagues.
- A world-class research education in an applied science (Masters/PhD e.g. Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Signal Processing, Machine Learning).
- Experience of analysing real-world data in a first-class research environment or quant group. Exposure to a variety of datasets would be an advantage.
- A creative and enquiring mind.
- An advanced level of statistical and mathematical knowledge, with the ability to develop original measures and tests fit for purpose
- Ability to tackle in-depth research projects and communicate complex ideas clearly.