At Vontobel, we are committed to actively shaping our future. We create and pursue investment opportunities that get our clients ahead. As a global financial service provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and investment solutions that fit.
Within the mtx, Sustainable Equities team of Vontobel Asset Management in Zurich we are looking for a Mid-to-Senior level Quant / data engineer / data scientist. The mtx franchise, a team of 22 investment professionals in Zurich and Hong Kong, is part of Vontobel's Sustainable Equities investment boutique. The franchise manages a range of emerging market equity strategies, which are all based on a highly disciplined investment process that identifies high-quality companies with the help of systematic filtering and fundamental research. Currently, the team manages USD 13bn in assets under management.
The Quant strategy team within mtx provides quantitative research and strategy for all funds and mandates managed by mtx. The team develops its own tools and provides empirical evidence to ultimately support data-driven decision making within mtx.
- Analyse data requirements for various projects
- Implement data integration, data migration and delivery
- Design custom data flows and integrations to solve specific project requirements
- Optimize and automate legacy data processes
- Apply data science tools to better formulate problems and implement solutions, derive insights from data
- Assist in developing tools to support data-driven decision making
- Explore new tools and techniques but at the same time keep focussed on delivering quick prototypes and results to the business
- Collaborate closely with multiple stakeholders within the business, IT, data engineers, analysts, PM's and external brokers
- 5+ years of experience in a Quant / data engineer / data scientist role
- Good understanding of statistics
- Good understanding of machine learning tools, and more importantly experience with model interpretability i.e. deriving actionable insights from models
- Experience in working with structured and unstructured data and ability to find creative solutions to data quality challenges
- Strong programming skills in Python, experience with strongly typed programming languages is a plus
- Comfortable working with relational databases
- Proficiency in visualisation techniques to bring data closer to business decision-making
- Analytical, solution oriented and enjoys solving diverse problems with creative solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confident communicator, comfortable with proposing alternatives and presenting solutions to non-specialists
- Fluency in English required
- Knowledge and experience in finance / investments / asset management is a plus
Thank you for the time to consider Vontobel. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will carefully assess your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.Please apply via our career portal. For this position, please note that we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form .