Python PySpark Data Engineer / Ingenieur
We are searching for a strong and experience Python engineer who has demonstrable experience implementing robust, reliable and successful data processing solutions using PySpark. You will join a large project, which is transforming our Group Finance department to be cloud native. The business area handles large amounts of financial data. Our pipeline needs to support high concurrency, accuracy and low latency when preparing and serving the data to consumers. We are targeting the Microsoft Azure cloud, where we prefer Platform as a Service (PaaS). A key platform for us is Azure Databricks, which will form the core of our data processing pipeline
About our client
Our client is one of the leading insurance companies in Switzerland based in Zurich.
On behalf of our client, Swisslinx is currently looking for a Python PySpark Data Engineer.
This is a 6 month contracting role with the potential to extend.
Due to visa restrictions we can only consider EU or Swiss passport holders.
- Work closely with Product Owners and Architects to understand requirements, formulate solutions and evaluate the implementation effort
- Collaborate within a global development team to design and deliver solutions
- Assist stakeholders with data-related functional and technical issues
- Design, develop and maintain scalable data transformation pipelines
- Bachelor's degree level or equivalent in Computer Science or similar discipline
- At least 5 years of experience working with large scale software systems
- Proficiency in Python/PySpark (batch and streaming)
- Proficiency in SQL (Synapse/Azure DWH experience is a plus)
- Practical experience with scalable 'big data' data stores (Azure Data lake preferably)
- Practical experience working with (and securing) large data sets on enterprise data platforms and distributed computing (Spark)
- Practical experience applying automated testing and modern deployment practices on the for mentioned platforms, including Azure DevOps
- Experience in the finance sector
What's on offer
- Work for an established Swiss company
- International, multi-cultural and young working environment
- Modern building, excellent canteen, gym on site
- Friendly colleagues
If you are a highly motivated, ambitious person, please apply via the portal or via the Swisslinx website. www.swisslinx.com
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA