Production Support Analyst
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Nov 17 2017-11-22
Production Support Analyst
For our client, a global digital bank, Swisslinx are looking for Production Support Analyst
A position exists for a Production Support Analyst in the Production Level 2 support team within Production Support. The team manages the day-to-day availability of the applications and ensures issues or status updates are accurately communicated to Level 1 support and to business users.
The successful candidate will support global and/or regional applications EMEA to ensure seamless 24 x 7 support of our applications. In addition, they will work closely with Level 1 Support, development teams, infra teams and the Bank business. The ideal candidate should be technically astute, well organized, proactive and be comfortable discussing issues with business and technical users. They also need to possess good multi-tasking skills. The support team works shifts through its team members located in North America, Asia and in Europe. This is a hands on role so strong technical skills and experience is required.
The EMEA support team, along with support teams in other regions are often required to share support after hours or on weekends for application deployments and other maintenance activities. The candidate must be willing and able to participate in such efforts.
- 4+ years' work experience in Technical Production Support roles preferably within a large scale, global financial services organization.
- 2+ years' experience in large scale enterprise application development, preferably in financial domain.
- Member of a Production Support group in a high availability / mission critical environment.
- Experience in providing communications across business and technology stakeholders at varying levels, across a medium to large scale enterprise.
- Production support experience in specific wealth management application domains is highly desired.
- Experience in working with various interfacing teams across multiple locations and time-zones.
- Experience in Analyzing and Correcting Data.
- Experience in Incident, Problem Management: Incident tracking & reporting; Problem tracking & reporting until resolution to ensure reduction of production Incidents.
- Experience in change and Release Management: Ensure timely Review and Sign off on all application related changes, Ensure proper deployment within the timeline and post implementation Application Availability.
- Experience in Planning and Executing the COB test of in house applications and Vendor Applications involving multiple data centers, stake holders, Multiple locations and time zones.
- Experience in dealing with Vendor Application Teams: Co-ordinate with Vendor Support teams on Vendor Application issues & Version upgrades.
Desired Personal Skills:
- Ability to work in an Offshore/Onsite support model.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships and communicate to management in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to step back and understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive, confidential and non-routine information.
- Self-starter with excellent anticipation skills; problem solving; follow up.
- Demonstrated dependability and sense of urgency about getting results.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in a sometimes hectic, high pressure environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to prioritize a variety of time-sensitive tasks.
- Must have excellent judgment; independent thinker and resourceful.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
• Bachelor Degree or higher in related field with overall 4+ years of experience.
• IT Support experience working in Unix (AIX,Sun Solaris or LINUX) & Windows environments.
• Ability to Write (basic) & Debug Shell scripts, batch scripts and Pearl scripts.
• Considerable experience in writing Database queries for generating capacity, performance reports and Adhoc reporting, etc.
• Experience supporting RDBMS DB like ORACLE, Sybase, MS SQL & DB2.
• Comfortable with Object Oriented Technologies, JAVA, .Net etc.
• Familiar with Autosys,
• Understanding of client server architecture (clustered and non-clustered)
• Basic Networking knowledge ( Load balancers, Network Protocols)
For further information, do not hesitate to contact:
Marta Kondracka, Technology Researcher: +41 (0)58 268 1054