Multi platforms DBA
This roles implies to be working predominantly on the APM product, and will be associated with work related to control of entitlements removals & login removals.
The role is accountable for providing support to: 1st Level Support Team, Server teams, Storage and users for BAU day-to-day support
• Able to work on a flexible schedule, which may be 24x5, 24x7, normal business hours, or may involve occasional weekend and evening work either on-call support or in other forms. Extended support may be required on weekends, Quarterly Maintenance Windows, DR tests, Power downs and other major activities
• Database Life Cycle management project - Deployment, Configuration, Migration and Decommission
• End to End Planning, co-ordination and execution of the projects individually as per the timelines
• Perform above tasks while at the same time adhering to project policies around incident, problem and change management and best practices
• This role requires a bachelor's degree in a related field, such as computer science, information technology, electronics engineering, computer engineering or equivalent degree
• It is desirable a minimum of 2 years of work experience• as a DBA or in a similar role
• Experience in supporting a multi platforms database environment with minimum 2 of the following (or similar) DB flavours: Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, MongoDB, MySQL etc. on different OS platforms
• Experience in performing troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis of issues during production outages and provide resolution or workaround quickly to mitigate business impact. Help identifying root cause
• Exposure to work in a Critical and Complex Environment.
• Desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• A team player, ready to support team building activities
• Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on the assigned projects
• Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines
• Professional posture and can-do attitude
• Experience using Service Management Tools (e.g. ServiceNow)
• Desirable ITIL V3 certification or equivalent
• Fluent English language. German knowledge is an additional advantage
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.