Microsoft Data Architect
Summary Job Description - Data Architect
Data Architect with project management skills will be responsible for architecting and implementing large scale data intelligence solutions around SQL Server technologies. A solid experience and understanding of architecting, designing and operationalization of large scale data and analytics solutions is a must.
He/she must provide oversight and guidance to project teams while working closely with project stakeholders and client. Responsible for accomplishing the stated project objectives, building the release plan, managing scope, financials and timelines.
• Provides solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
• Generates client interest in solutions other than the current, proactively positions the company for additional/added value work.
• Involved in setting strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility
• Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within Cognizant, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters
• Has latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments
• Manages large teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Cognizant.
• Design and develop features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
• Build highly reliable software to meet the needs to the largest customers.
• Enhance the programmability surface and improve the experience of the data developer.
• Analyse fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges, and solve them.
• Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding reliability, availability and performance.
• Responsible for leading the team & provide end to end enterprise solution as an Architect
• Understand 360 degree Microsoft Data Architecture
• Senior Level hands-on experience on Datawarehouse design and development
• Experienced in Power BI reporting server on-premise, also experienced in building Power BI Paginated reports(SSRS) as well as dashboard on Power BI reporting server
• Have working knowledge of maintaining code versioning in Github
• Great communication skills, capable to quickly understand the business requirement and provide best-practise solution.
• 10+ years experience in SQL Server and Microsoft BI(SSIS, SSRS and SSAS) technologies
• More than 10 years of experience of complex SQL-based developments within a Data Warehouse (e.g. MS SQL Server, Oracle 11 g,) is a must
• Ability to transform pre-given complex requirements of a user-story into a technical solution in line with BI's development guidelines (e.g. Code Conventions, Tests, Quality Gates etc).
• Detail oriented and well-structured.
• Good communications skills and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge in Mining domain will be added advantage
Cognizant Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 75 delivery centers worldwide and approximately 220,000 employees as of October 31, 2015, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: @Cognizant.