A motivated and committed Manager with risk management experience.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
In a world that’s changing faster than ever, our purpose acts as our ‘North Star’ guiding our more than 300,000 people – providing the context and meaning for the work we do every day. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, clients and communities. Thanks to our innovative services in auditing, tax consulting as well as transaction and management consulting, we proudly drive our clients into the future.
Our Financial Services Organisation is unique among the Big 4 firms, being the only one with a functional and transnational specialisation in the Financial Services sector. Our Business Consulting services offers a broad range of functional and cross-country solutions dedicated to providing high-value and trusted advice to clients.
We are looking for a motivated and committed Manager with risk management experience to further strengthen our practice within the Financial Services Consulting – Risk & Actuarial team in Zurich.
What you can expect – enriching experiences lasting a lifetime
Within Financial Services Consulting - Risk & Actuarial, the Prudential Risk & Regulation Team is part of a global network of risk management specialists working together with the most relevant financial services companies, both locally and globally. We support our clients with tailored solutions in the area of identification, measurement, steering and monitoring of risks as well as helping to implement regulatory requirements in the field of risk management.
- This is a unique opportunity to work closely together with our clients and deliver world-class consulting solutions, including forward-looking and value generating risk management frameworks. You will be able to directly apply your risk management know-how and support our clients with their issues and needs focusing on elements such as framework and process design, optimization and automation.
- Alongside colleagues, you will implement and advise on regulatory and supervisory requirements or conduct assurance related activities, in various areas such as risk governance, regulatory capital and liquidity management, credit risk, operational & compliance risks, risk appetite frameworks and risk reporting.
- You will be directly engaging with our clients to support in our practice growth through business development activities, point-of-views and thought leadership.
- The nature of consultancy promises a fast paced and engaging career. You will also have the opportunity to actively contribute in innovation and shape EY solutions on current and upcoming market needs.
- You will be managing and coordinating work with international, multi-disciplinary teams on exciting and challenging client assignments, and motivating your engagement teams and developing the team members from both a subject matter as well as a personal skills perspective.
- You will be encouraged to investigate new risk areas and explore their impacts on our clients (e.g. ESG and sustainable finance, data analytics), as well as keep track of the latest regulatory developments across prudential and other risk topics.
- Your skillset will grow rapidly through both client facing engagements including senior management interactions and training events.
What you can contribute – skills for shaping the future
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in economics, business administration, accounting or law. Working towards or already completed a relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage (e.g. FRM, CFA etc.).
- Six or more years of practical work experience in the financial services sector, either in a risk, finance or compliance function, or in an internal or external audit function, or in a consulting firm working on the aforementioned topics.
- A must: experience in managing and leading project teams, strong practical knowledge in financial services risk management and regulatory topics (e.g. the Basel framework), interest in further development in these topics as well as strong knowledge in MS Office products.
- A plus: work experience and network in the Swiss financial services market, experience in driving business development activities such as project and client acquisition, responding to requests for proposals, interest in technology and programming skills, as well as relevant knowledge of FINMA banking regulations.
- Guarantees of success: motivated, autonomous, ambitious, empathic, and self-driven personality with entrepreneurial mindset and innovative spirit. Analytical capabilities and attention to detail, as well as willingness to go the extra mile with the ability to lead and work in a team and deal with senior client stakeholders in a fast changing and dynamic environment.
- Within an international team, excellent written and oral communication in German and English are a prerequisite, with French as an added advantage.
Do you have ambitious plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education.
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated consulting professionals
- Constant personal development with a steep learning curve – a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from an International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
Find out more here about the many benefits to which you are entitled as employee at EY.
Become part of our high-performing teams!
Do the next step and apply for this position online. For further information please contact our recruitment team (firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni