A SQL Server DBA (or database administrator) is responsible for day-to-day support/maintenance of the Microsoft SQL Server DB infrastructure.
The role is accountable for providing L2/L3 technical support, from incident and problem managed to stability initiatives, life cycle projects and other BAU tasks which includes liaising with Engineering, partnering with peer teams Windows and Storage.
• Availability to work planned on-call support 24x7;
• Software installation and Maintenance;
• Manage SQL Server databases;
• Provide Database Technical Support and Guidance;
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes;
• Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security;
• Troubleshooting: Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time;
• Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading;
• Database Backup and Recovery;
• Capacity Planning;
• Provide suggestions for solutions;
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes;
• Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement;
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
• General systems management and networking skills;
• Storage management techniques;
• Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Database projects;
• Programming and coding - scripting languages (e.g. vbs / PowerShell);
• Process enhancement;
• Analytical skills (Log analysis);
• Team player;
• Communication skills;
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.;
• Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines;
• Profissional posture and can-do atitude;
• Experience using Service Management Tools (e.g. ServiceNow);
• Desirable ITIL V3 certification or equivalent;
• Fluent English language. German knowledge is an additional advantage.
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.