See job description for details
- An exciting challenge in the US Cross-Border Legal Team as Legal Counsel dealing with US legal and regulatory matters, primarily in the area of US securities law but also US banking laws. In particular, you will be responsible for advising the business and other support functions in all US cross-border legal issues (incl. onboarding and/or maintaining complex client structures, US sales restrictions, communications to the US, travel to the US, marketing and events)
- A chance to shape the development of the International Wealth Management, (IWM), Swiss Universal Bank (SUB) and Asia Pacific (APAC) division's global US cross-border framework for private banking business activities, including the relevant policies and internal guidelines and procedures
- The opportunity to collaborate closely with a wide range of international locations and departments within the Credit Suisse Group as well as to provide training to diverse audiences
- Exposure to a variety of US legal issues, projects and internal working groups. Relatedly, you will instruct and manage external counsel engagement.
- The ability to become a trusted subject matter expert for US legal-related queries from the business and other support functions
- We are open to discuss flexible / agile working arrangements
- A US law degree such as J.D. or LL.M. or an equivalent education; bar admission in a U.S. state or territory is strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in a legal role in the financial services industry
- Previous experience in international banking or US cross-border matters or US securities law would be advantageous
- Fluency in English; German proficiency is highly desired; other languages (particularly, French or Italian) would be an asset
- Strong analytical skills and a keen understanding of risk factors with a focus on vigilance and critical issues
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail and a can-do attitude
- Eagerness to contribute to the team's success by providing high quality deliverables within given timeframes
Ms. M. Wiendlocha would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.