Lead Data Analyst 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 16 Jan 18
Global Finance Transformation is looking at several ways to improve how we work on a day to day basis. Efficiency is key in all that we do, and our Integrated Data Management initiatives will support this objective within Group Finance. Reducing the time we spend on manual and non-value add tasks allows our Finance professionals to focus more intensely on driving business performance. Data management will focus on data governance, data quality, improving data flows in Group Finance, develop data management related capabilities as well as breaking up data silos. In order to drive these activities Finance Data & Systems Transformation is looking for a Lead Data Analyst.
This role will play a key role in building the Group Finance Data Management Office to support the information management and data standardization efforts. The Lead Data Analyst will support the Head Finance Data & Systems Transformation in setting up and running a Group Finance Data Management office with the purpose of managing data more efficiently and improve the Group Finance data quality; key tasks will be to develop a data dictionary, manage ad hoc requests, and improve data flows as well as to identify areas of improvement. Additionally the Lead Data Analyst will build the Group Finance data governance - implementing the data governance as well as blueprinting and orchestrating the disciplines of business analysis, data management, and data architecture. This role will raise the awareness for data management within Group Finance and will develop data management capabilities.
As a Lead Data Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
- Leading the Group Finance Data Management Office and interacts closely with the Data Stewards and Custodians in Group Finance functions and ensuring strong interaction between her/himself, EDAA Data Managers and Data Architects
- Defining the scope, principles, and responsibilities for the Group Finance data governance
- Monitoring and developing the data capabilities within Group Finance
- Defining and setting Group Finance data quality requirements and standards
- Management of ad-hoc requests as well as introducing data-as-a-service concepts
- Ensuring strong interaction between her/himself, Group Finance Data Stewards, EDAA Data Managers and Data Architects
- Contributing to development and maintenance of master data management (MDM) incl. its implications on use cases and business processes ("one-team-approach")
- Driving and maintaining content of the Group Finance data glossary
- Interacting and supporting key Group Finance projects with data management expertise
- Building and maintaining a network of data management teams in Finance as well as other Zurich functions - global, regional, local
Your Skills and Experience
As a Lead Data Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven leadership and management skills, self-starter
- Previous experience in Data Management preferred (data governance, data management and data quality management)
- Strong understanding of (Group) Finance objectives, requirements and processes
- Advanced knowledge in internal and external reporting and data analysis
- Able to guide the analysis and discussion of issues facing data governance and mangement
- Excellent root cause analysis and problem solving skills
- Effective communicator - able to present content to executives and gain buy-in
- Data warehousing, ZEM, data modeling as an advantage
- SAP Financials and MDM knowledge as an advantage
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 55,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.