L1-L2 Application Support Engineer
• Support the onboarding process of new clients
• Support onboarding requests related to MSSQL , Oracle , Sybase , Sybase IQ , MSSQL.
• Fix end-user issues
• Replicate, troubleshoot, and describe simple bugs
• Keep thorough, clear, and complete records in the ticketing system of all actions taken
• Escalate call tickets not resolvable at the L1 / L2 level to the L3 team
• Direct users to the correct DBA teams for related to the DB types .
• Monitor the event alerts and notify to the concerned team and process the requests from the end users to level 2 and level 3 support
• Ensure maximum uptime for multiple production systems Provide L1 and L2 application production support
• L1 support logs, categorizes, prioritizes, tracks, and routes (i) incidents reported by users or (ii) alarms raised by monitoring tools. L1 is intended to be the first to acknowledge an incident. L1 support tracks tickets until successfully resolved. L1 engineers can implement basic, documented break-fix tasks along the lines of following a documented process. L1 would typically escalate to an L2 depending on an unexpected result of a documented process.
• L2 techs also follow documented processes and workflows defined by the organization albeit they are more complex tasks than what the L1 support does. Escalate to L3's when the documentation is insufficient to do the assigned tasks or are unable to solve an incident in a given and agreed to the timeframe(SLA/OLA). They are responsible to collaborate with any other IT support team or stakeholders or dependency groups in case the task requires (e.g. Server + Network working to resolve a problem in a data center/cloud).
• IT Infra Monitoring (Splunk, Osmosys etc.)
• IT Infra L1/L2 Support (Compute, Network, Database)
• Service Now Experience
• Good to have database background (MSSQL, Oracle, Sybase)
• Application facing support experience
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.