Junior Business Manager - Analyst - Zurich
- Zurich, Switzerland Zurich Zurich CH
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2017, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.98 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles.
BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of September 30, 2017, the firm had approximately 13,750 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Job Purpose / Background:
The Junior Business Manager is a member of the Swiss Business Management team which reports to the COO Switzerland. The Business Management Team is responsible for coordinating and responding to internal and external requests acting as a liaison for matters of importance on behalf of Country Management.
The team delivers the establishment and monitoring of management information and key performance indicators, business analyses, organizational development, budget, and projects. It requires proactive collaboration with senior management and other departments of BlackRock in Switzerland and internationally across the business units Retail, Institutional, ETF and Index Investments (EII) and BlackRock Solutions. The role offers the opportunity to support senior managers in a growing and supportive environment and provides the candidate with a unique view of the functioning of a world-class asset management organisation.
This position is a multi-faceted role, which requires sound judgement, organizational and planning skills, analytical ability and discretion, given the high level of confidentiality of information and data accessed.
Collaborate with management on various projects and day-to-day activity ensuring timely delivery of projects and quality execution of processes in line with management expectations.
- Collaboration with senior management team and regional strategy group to support the execution of local strategy plans
- Support tracking of management's and the board’s strategic priorities
- Strategic and operational plans - providing senior management with regular status updates
- Creation of management, regulatory and board reporting
- Presentations – organizing and preparing for off-sites, client meetings, presentations, team meetings, etc. with a focus on organizational and financial matters as well as the project portfolio
- Supporting strategic projects and driving own projects independently
- Ad-hoc assignments – partnering with management on ad-hoc projects as required
- Developing strong relationships with various infrastructure groups and teams, at local and global level as well as other country business managers
- Bachelor’s degree (Economics / Business Administration)
- Prior experience in asset management, financial services or consulting with a genuine interest in investments
- Fluency in English and German
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse and dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational skills and process minded
- Ability to multitask and to work in a paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; being able to build effective relationships and networks
- Strong in Excel and PowerPoint
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion
- Very good financial and analytical capabilities
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.