Investment Assurance Manager (m/f) 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 22 May 19
In this role you will manage activities in the area of assurance with particular focus on internal control frameworks, strategic and operational assessments, compliance and operational risk. Your role is embedded in the business and provides subject matter expertise, direction, consultation and support to Investment Management central and local teams. Being in close contact with Group 2 nd and 3 rd line of defense (Compliance, Risk Management and Internal Audit) you will drive and ensure Investment Management compliance with Group assurance standards and frameworks.
As an integral part of the Global Investment Assurance function within Group Investment Management the successful future colleague will be highly self-motivated, show high interest in the assurance topics and has the ability to work both on strategic as well as detailed operational level.
As Investment Assurance Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Managing and supporting activities in the area of operational risks, control framework, assessments
- Developing and implementing investment specific policies, procedures and processes
- Leading or participating in project focusing on strengthening the investment assurance across Investment Management business unit
- Acting as subject matter expert and provide advice and consultation to business in the area of investment assurance (i.e. investment compliance, key controls and control frameworks, policies, governance documentation and processes, etc.)
- Developing improvement actions to mitigate key risks, supporting business in enhancing key controls, monitoring actions implementation
- Supporting the Head of Investment Assurance in all key assurance areas, in particular in identifying and assessing key risks with potential impact on investment strategic objectives
- Supporting investment teams in implementing appropriate level of assurance, i.e. effective control environment, risk assessment and mitigation activities, governance structures, mitigation of operational risks.
- Establishing and manage business relationships with relevant Group assurance functions, representing IM in various Group assurance activities and initiatives
Your Skills and Experience
As Investment Assurance Manager your qualification will ideally include:
University Degree with relevant Audit and Risk Management qualifications
3 to 5 years of substantial and relevant Risk and Audit experience
Investment Management, Insurance and Financial Industry experience
Experience in management and simultaneous interaction with several stakeholders with different seniority, know-how and international backgrounds across an international organization
Ability to prioritize and pronounced need to work strategically as well as operationally
Preference to work in a dynamic working environment, where flexibility, high self-motivation and a well-structured way of working can be presented at its best
- Experience in project-work
Good communication and presentation skills
Profound experience with MS Office Suite
Proficient English language skills (C1-C2) level, conversational German or any other language are an advantage (B1-C2)
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.