- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Rothschild & Co Bank
- Job Title:Internal Auditor
- Division:Internal Audit
- Full time / Part time:Full time
- Contract typePermanent
Rothschild & Co.
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We offer a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.
With a team of 3,400 talented financial services specialists on the ground in 40 countries across the world, we provide independent advice on M&A, strategy and financing, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments. As a family-controlled business that has been at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled network of specialists and are known for our track-record of outstanding execution in financial services.
Rothschild & Co Wealth Management
For over 200 years, Rothschild’s freedom to offer objective advice and our commitment to personal service have combined to shape and grow our private clients’ wealth, building value for generations. Our dynamic growth and ambitious targets in relation to quality, innovation and reliability have created a need for the above mentioned role.
Click here for more information on Rothschild & Co Wealth Management.
Overview of Role
Responsible for independent objective assurance and consulting activity designed to improve the businesses of Bank and Trust by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes, supporting the management and the Board of Director in its responsibility for an effective internal control system.
- Performing advanced specialized auditing work in multiple areas of private banking, trust and banking businesses as well as in support functions. Responsible for the execution of complex audits; performing project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, reviewing and reporting of the audit work; providing the Board, the Audit Committee and Management with objective reports and recommendations
- Developing and maintaining productive client and staff relationships
- Consulting and advising staff and management
- Developing procedures, schedules, priorities and programs for achieving audit objectives and goals
- Preparing complex audit reports using advanced writing skills in German and English. A good command of French will be appreciated and will help the candidate broaden the scope of interactions
- Give Business Heads practical business advice on risk related matters and maintain a detailed knowledge of relevant regulatory rules
- Keep the Head of Internal Audit fully informed of audit progress and pertinent issues
- Performing special reviews and contributes to bank projects (i.e. implementation of new regulatory requirements, new systems) outside the yearly audit planning on behalf of management or board
- Identifying and communicating to department personnel changes in professional standards, pronouncements, laws, guidelines and audit requirements.
- Assessing risk factors to identify high risk areas within the organisation.
- Attending, presenting and/or participating in continuing professional education classes and training courses
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Professional exchange with other members from the Group Internal Audit function and liaison with employees of the Risk, Legal & Compliance organisation of the Bank.
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Degree in business administration or law (FH, University) and/or graduate as dipl. Wirtschaftsprüfer/in (CPA) and the preparation of the Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) (level 2 would be preferable) exam would be a big add on
- Strong knowledge of regulatory and legal issues relating to asset management and an understanding of the regulators’ interpretations and hot topics including a good knowledge of the FINMA regulation and SBA guidelines
- Subject matter expert on asset management business, related financial products, settlement systems and associated risks
- Several years of professional experience in the financial industry (banking, private banking, auditing) in Switzerland
- Independent work style, readiness of mind, flexible, acts with ease in a changing environment
- Absolutely discrete and reliable, accurate
- Able to identify and bridge expectation gaps
- Good computer literacy: capable to use database and IT tools for audit purposes
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of communicating complex situations in a precise manner, verbally and in writing
- Able to communicate easily with all levels of staff and management and to work effectively within a team
- Goal orientated