Institutional Sales Director (Switzerland)
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are...
As Institutional Sales Director you will be expected to drive and create institutional business opportunities for Threadneedle Investments.
This role will contribute significantly to the growth and diversification of institutional sales plan, focusing primarily on the Switzerland.
This role is part of the Swiss Distribution team, reporting into the Head of Switzerland and works closely with regional Institutional Sales leaders based in London to execute sales strategy. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time...
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have...
- Active selling of the Columbia Threadneedle investment management product suite to institutional client segment (pension funds, corporate, public, endowment and foundation plan sponsors). Final responsibilities will be discussed with the Country Manager depending on the candidates profile.
- Responsible for growing institutional AUMs in Switzerland together with the team
- Coverage of local consultants and coordination with global consultant team in London
- Delivering against agreed gross and net sales targets as confirmed by management
- Maintaining and cultivating existing client relationships, planning regular contacts and updates and working with the relevant internal teams to deliver excellent client service
- Developing and leading client presentations
- Promote and enhance Columbia's profile through participation in industry conferences
- Developing and maintaining ongoing distribution support and material for clients, their advisors, consultants and other marketing collateral;
- Participating in marketing activities of the firm to ensure that they focus on addressing the requirements of the Swiss market
- Working closely with EMEA Client Services team and other internal teams to ensure seamless execution of the client take on and maintenance processes and execution of client due diligence;
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great...
- Fluent in German and English
- Proven track record of covering and successfully selling institutional accounts
- Superior sales skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of long-term investment products across all asset classes
- Strong, Experienced, self-motivated, highly energetic individual with sharp intellect and strong business acumen
- Collaborative team player
- Proven ability to engage successfully with clients at different levels to retain assets, market and sell in the broadest sense i.e. articulating retention points or investment ideas, client segmentation, identification of the appropriate product per client type and preparation and implementation of a sales plan
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas and processes across multiple client levels and in RFP's
- Results-driven mindset, action-oriented way of working, understanding skills of working in a global firm with a matrix environment
- Knowledge of the wider regulatory limitations / requirements in Switzerland
- Fluent in French would be beneficial
- Further relevant professional qualification