IT Solution Architect Guidewire ClaimCenter 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 16 Feb 19
In P&C IT Factory (Claims) at Zurich Insurance Company Switzerland, we are responsible for projects, development and maintenance of Claims systems. Currently we are finishing the implementation of the new strategic Claims system, based on Guidewire ClaimCenter.
For our team, we are looking for an experienced and technically skilled IT Solution Architect.
As an IT Solution Architect Guidewire ClaimCenter your main responsibilities will involve:
- Provide direction for the development and integration of new capabilities into existing system via a target architecture that aligns with existing and new capabilities, business goals and objectives
Work with other Solution Architects in the Claims domain to develop roadmap for the Claims portfolio
Responsible for creating integrated solutions involving Guidewire across multiple disciplines within a complex IT technical framework
Provide architectural design approval and ensure that the enterprise IT architectural standards and practices are followed
Perform critical evaluation, selection, and/or development of the software components and hardware requirements of the solutions
Maintain the functional interface to other solutions
Perform architectural reviews and set architectural principles and guidelines for the solution; take and document architectural decisions. Communicate these and educate team members and stakeholders on the architecture of the solution
Harvest reusable building blocks for reuse on other projects/programs
Support the development of business cases
Your Skills and Experience
As an IT Solution Architect Guidewire ClaimCenter your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Architect handling distributed, web-based Enterprise Java architecture
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as a Guidewire Solution Architect
- Must have experience designing multi-tier web applications involving complex integrations with Vendor packages
- Strong expertise in Web application architecture, Design patterns, OOAD and Web Services implementations
- Experience in Guidewire Dev Environment, Guidewire design (configuration and integration) and GUnits. Desirable: knowledge of performance analysis in Guidewire
- Advanced skills associated with software design, modification, implementation and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts
- Excellent English and preferably German communication skills (verbal and written)
- Analyti cal mind-set, detail oriented, with a strong commitment to quality
- Highly cooperative, flexible, and enthusiastic team-player willing to grow and take on new challenges and roles
- Strong sense of responsibility and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across different functions and cultures
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.