IT Application Subject Matter Expert Guidewire ClaimCenter 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 21 Feb 19
In P&C IT Factory (Claims) at Zurich Insurance Company Switzerland, we are responsible for projects, development and maintenance of Claims systems. Currently we are finishing the implementation of the new strategic Claims system, based on Guidewire ClaimCenter.
For the IT-Maintenance team, we are looking for an experienced and technically skilled IT Application Subject Matter Expert with proven expertise in Guidewire ClaimCenter development.
As an IT Application Subject Matter Expert Guidewire ClaimCenter your main responsibilities will involve:
• Maintenance and further development of the strategic Claim System
• Plan and prepare software releases with established integration and release tools
• Coordination between Business, other internal IT teams and development team
• Prioritize and analyse the Business requirements, together with the respective departments for implementation in the IT-systems
• Analyse incident and defects, identify root cause and propose solutions
• Coordination and support of the offshore developers in regards of configuration and development tasks
• Assure completeness and correctness of the IT-documentation
• Supervise and support IT processes, such as security review, compliance reviews, operational readiness etc.
Your Skills and Experience
As an IT Application Subject Matter Expert Guidewire ClaimCenter your skills and qualifications include:
• At least 7 years working experience in software development
• At least 3 years of Guidewire ClaimCenter experience as part of a large implementation program
• Bachelor in Information Systems and Management, Computer Science or similar
• Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
• Experience in collaboration and coordination of outsourced development and testing teams offshore
• Knowledge in Java, Websphere and MS SQL Server
• Deep understanding of system integration (Webservices, REST, SOA)
• Advanced experience in continuous integration and release management tools (Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo), GIT, Maven, HP ALM)
• Experience in agile development (Scrum and/or SAFe methodologies)
• Analytical mind-set, detail oriented, with a strong commitment to quality
• Highly cooperative, flexible, and enthusiastic team-player, willing to grow and take on new challenges and roles
• Strong sense of responsibility and adherence to deadlines
• Ability to build and maintain relationships across different functions and cultures
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.