IFRS17 Project Director - Actuarial Integration & Country Implementation Lead 80-100%, temporary for 12-13 months (December 2018 – December 2019)
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 23 Oct 18
The role holder is responsible for managing the IFRS 17 Group Actuarial Integration and oversee the implementation during the maternity leave of the current lead. The work streams' objective is to integrate IFRS 17 Group and Local requirements into the Central Actuarial Engines along with all other work streams of the IFRS 9/17 program. Furthermore, the jobholder will support the Program Director and the Group Chief Actuary in ensuring delivery in accordance to the program's roadmap and overall objectives
As an IFRS17 Project Director - Actuarial Integration & Country Implementation Lead your main responsibilities will involve:
• Accountable for EMEA Non-Life Actuarial implementation project roll out (PAA Approach)
• Oversight for EMEA Life Actuarial Implementation together with the Regional Implementation Manager.
• Acting as a sparring partner for the Regional Actuarial Implementation Managers, supporting and challenging their activities and ensuring appropriate level of progress.
• Coordinating the activities of the sub-workstreams across methodology and solution implementation.
• Ensuring that the overall Group Actuarial solution components readiness for Dry run and parallel run phases as per Program schedule - organize resources, tasks, prepare plans and communication
• Managing PMO for Group Actuarial workstream including project reporting, budget control, risks and issues reporting on a regular basis.
• Collaborate with the Central Program team, other workstreams and Dry run managers to co-ordinate solution deployment in an end-to-end manner.
• Monitor implementation of Actuarial standalone solutions.
Your Skills and Experience
As an IFRS17 Project Director - Actuarial Integration & Country Implementation Lead your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• University degree in business administration, business informatics or similar degree
• 10+ years of experience ideally in Financial Services industry or in Financial Consulting.
• Program Management experience of 10+ years on mid to large scale Global programs including project planning, organization, communication, delivery management, stakeholder management as well as change management
• Knack for delivering through others - through project management mandate with a shared team of 10+ individuals.
• Ability to discuss and challenge key business and technical requirements and design topics
• Ability to deal and communicate with a variety of stakeholder from Global to local in different cultures and a good motivator with negotiation skills
• Strong organizational skills and able to multi-task. Forward thinking in order to determine alternatives and practical solutions
• Fluent written and spoken English
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.