Helpdesk Support, part-time, 50%-70%
Are you eager to build your knowledge and progress your career at an exciting company in the Consulting space? Do you have strong English language skills and some first experience in helpdesk support? This is for you!
Swisslinx is searching for a Technical Support Specialist to strengthen their IT Department, minimum 4 half days / week, 40% - 60%, flexible.
You should bring some prior experience in Helpdesk Support and be a self-starter, able to work independently as well as in a small team. In this role we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, proactive and curious, and highly motivated to learn with a good sense of humor.
If as well as support you are interested in software development, this could be an opportunity to grow and develop new skills within the company. If you have any knowledge in the field of Network & Systems Administration, or would be interested to learn more in this field, this would also be very welcome.
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support with emphasis on methodical troubleshooting of IT related problems for onsite and remote users
- Perform basic troubleshooting and participate in root cause analysis
- Provide input on improving existing processes
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the users and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Participate in recurring Service Desk meetings and provide input on how to improve customer satisfaction
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software
- Providing technical support for all staff (approx. 50 users)
- Minimum two-year technical degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field or professional work experience which may be substituted for formal education
- Intermediate experience with computers, computer operations, computer peripherals, computer software applications and general computer troubleshooting is essential
- Intermediate experience setting up, configuring, and operating a networked computer
- Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Know-how of Office products, iOS and Android OS
- Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory is a nice to have
- Ideally experienced within a help desk / 1st line support experience
- Keen problem-solver, positive personality and proactive manner
- An interest in technology and IT troubleshooting
- Excellent opportunity to expand your IT knowledge, including but not limited to Windows, Exchange, SQL, Linux, Apache, ASP, PHP, Networking, Routing, Firewalls
- Opportunity to take on some API development work
- International and positive team
- Competitive salary
- Offices in the center of Zurich
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA