Head of SAP General Ledger Solution Delivery
- Zurich, Switzerland Zurich Zurich CH
- Permanent, Full time
- Swiss Reinsurance Company
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
About Swiss Re
The Swiss Re Group is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cyber crime. The Swiss Re Group is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group's overall mission.
About the role
Finance Reinsurance is undergoing a significant transformation with several projects to enhance its operating platform. These projects are in the Finance Transformation Program known as ATLAS (Finance and Finance IT). The scope of the Program affects processes, organization and IT systems, such as valuation engines, sub ledgers, general ledgers as well as the reporting infrastructure. The transformation program is implementing SAP S/4 HANA Finance as a General Ledger and Cost Accounting solution.
We are looking for a highly motivated and open minded Senior IT leader, who is bringing together Finance needs with IT capabilities. You are responsible to further develop and build the global template General Ledger solution, including data integration and migration into the new platform, and development of an integrated reporting analytics solution for all products (SAP based Financial Sub-ledgers, General Ledger, Cost Accounting).
- Acting as the main IT responsible and coordination point for ATLAS IT General Ledger Solution Delivery activities. Coordinating all major requirements and developing them into practical models and solutions to achieve standardization objectives.
- Oversees and handles ATLAS IT GL Build, including:
- Further development of the General Ledger solution design and implementation required for Swiss Re's Finance Reinsurance General Ledger, including re-design and collaboration required for pending sub-ledger implementation
- Development and implementation of data integration for the General Ledger solution for the required valuations
- Rollout of the GL solution and integration according to regions
- Reporting Analytics, enablement of Finance Reinsurance vision through reporting delivery, tool analysis and alignment with Swiss Re
- Transition to SAP Operations teams, as well as assisting the build-up of operations
- Defining and planning all ATLAS GL Build and supporting activities; IT budgetary responsibility for all work stream activities.
- Line management of full-time program resources, functional management of part-time allocated resources. Allocation and management of resources.
- IT Coordination responsible with internal audit, external audit, and other key partners as required for the General Ledger solution and roll-out.
- Ensuring delivery according to scope, budget, and meeting SR quality standards and within the given timeframe.
- Stakeholder management and close coordination and active collaboration with GL and reporting product owners and IT teams, building up and maintaining a true partnership with Finance.
About the team
Working within the Finance IT ATLAS Program, you will join a highly motivated and dynamic team within an interesting and complex environment, interacting with many colleagues from Finance and IT as well as various external stakeholders. Our team has a broad range of different technical and financial backgrounds and our excellent technical expertise is complemented by a strong team spirit looking for delivering the best solution.
- University degree (degree in business, science or a related field) or similar education with approximately 10 years relevant work experience in IT at Swiss Re or with other major players in the re/-insurance/ financial services industry
- Experienced background in enterprise financial system implementations, including strong financial accounting functional knowledge and general ledger process expertise
- Experienced background in SAP ERP, SAP S4 Finance, data integration and reporting solutions and in provisioning and orchestration of IT services
- Well versed with agile / SCRUM Project Management Methodologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and strong collaboration skills
- Promotion of cross-functional and cross-organizational teamwork, proactive involvement of clients and peers
- Hands on experience in managing and steering external vendors in a development project
- Confirmed delivery focus as well as analytical capabilities
- Flexibility, willingness to co-operate in matrix type of organizations
- Convincing as trusted partner for Finance function, Finance IT, Project Manager, team members, peers and ATLAS IT Lead
Please apply with CV and motivational letter.
Take a risk worth taking. Register and apply at
Reference code: 66601