Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a major mining company looking to hire a Recycling Director to join the team in Switzerland.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for leading the company expansion into the recycling sector (focus on aluminium), spearheading the formulation and growth of the division
- Streamline and maximise the existing asset portfolio through optimising the growth of recycled aluminium and aluminium scrap, identifying acquisition and investment opportunities to supplement this expansion
- Target end -users, tier 1 suppliers and OEM’s in relevant recycling sectors (packaging, automotive, consumer goods) to generate business and increase the number of commercial opportunities that can be executed
- Develop company understanding of scrap market knowledge / value and how this links with primary / secondary aluminium, construct an extensive outlook of supply/demand, logistics, scrap pricing, technological facets etc.
- Advise senior leaders on business opportunities, challenges and issues related to aluminium products involving recycled material and create value through carbon reduction
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in aluminium recycling / scrap sector, and / or secondary production (ideally within a sales or marketing role)
- Extensive knowledge of aluminium recycling and scrap including the key pre and post-consumer players and processes
- Understanding of the relevant supply and demand factors related to aluminium products, how they are impacted by recycled content and carbon reduction
- Excellent strategic and commercial acumen, highly motivated with the ability to lead a new division
- Located in Switzerland / happy to relocate
For all positions based in Switzerland, Redstone Legal, Risk & Compliance Search works with their licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH. All candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.